Asus - ASUS STINKS

Company: Asus

URL: asus.com

Category: Computers, Software

February 14, 2014

Last April I purchase an Asus Tablet TF300T from Newegg.com. In less than 2 months it had to be shipped back to Asus for repairs. The backround colors were faded out and I had lines going threw the screen. It cost me $25 for packing materials and to ship it.

Since then I have experienced numerous problems with the tablet. It will freeze up, the touch screen will not respond, my icons disappear and I have to go searching for them. It will suddenly reject my email addresses. It hates my router and will tell me my internet connection is not there. It will not "refresh" and constantly give me a message that "refresh has failed". I have had to call Asus numerous times for technical support, which is terrible. Most of the time, they have no idea what is wrong or even how to operate their own product. My son knows more about their tablet than they do.

Recently, the tablet continually rebooted. I was not able to backup my data and pictures before this problem arose, so I lost everything when I had to preform a factory reset. That was only a week ago.

Now the tablet will not charge using the power cord! It will charge when attached to the dock, but not the power cord. NO ONE at Asus knows why. There is nothing wrong with the power cord because the power cord will charge the dock.

I have been given 2 choices. I can send the tablet back in again for repairs, at my expense and the cost of $25 or more since postage went up, or they can send me a refurbished tablet.

Refurbished products and I don't get along. EVERY refurbished product I have ever had was worse than the item it replaced. I have also read numerous complaints about Asus giving customers refurbished items that DO NOT WORK and Asus doesn't care and they are now stuck with JUNK.

I also cannot afford to keep sending this tablet back to Asus every time there is a problem at a cost of $25 each time.

This company does not care about the consumer. While chatting with a representative this morning, I found he wasn't paying attention to what I was typing. He was in his own little world. I had to tell him to go back and read what I typed.

My advice to consumers is to STAY AWAY from Asus.

7a0e12ff, 2014-02-18, 12:21AM CST

Sounds kind of like the experiences I have had with ASUS--mine are with defective/problematic motherboards. Their Customer Service has not been too good generally when dealing with issues. As a result, I recommend that people don't purchase ASUS products.

Your Mum, 2014-02-19, 05:35AM CST

I have just spoken to ASUS and they said that you stink too. They said you were like a "walking outhouse". Have a wash.

1b704750, 2014-06-01, 05:52AM CDT

Your Mum must be an employeefan of Asus. Obviously, they can't handle your opinion about Asus.

I don't like Asus either.

Amazon came up with a great idea. They put a "may day" button on the Kindle Fire. Tap on the may day button and you get live video help. So far, I have always gotten someone who can speak and understand the English language.