Dell - Dell does not honor "Premium Warranty" on XPS 15 (L521X)

Posted on Monday, February 10th, 2014 at 7:46pm CST by FrustatedDell C.

Product: Dell XPS L521X

Company: Dell

Location: CHAMPAIGN, 61820, US

URL: www.dell.com

Category: Computers, Software

On Thursday 1/24 a Dell Technician came by my workplace to replace the monitor on my Dell XPS 15 (L521X) (Service tag: DHL1KV1) and ever since then my laptop keeps getting stuck on the boot screen every time I try to start it. It takes about 5-10 trials to start it up now. Moreover, I noticed this almost as soon as he left so I called him back on his phone number and he told me that there was nothing he could do about it and that I should contact Dell instead. Then I tried calling the extension given to me several times, however, the case manager assigned to me appeared to be perpetually busy.

After spending another couple of hours with your representatives on the phone they decided to send me a new motherboard and hard-drive.On 2/06 the same technician came back and replaced the motherboard and hard drive and left without even verifying if it resolved the problem. The boot problem still persists! Additionally these are the new issues that developed after he replaced these items:

a) My laptop used to have 16 gigs DDR3 RAM and now it has only 8 gigs.

b) I used to have an NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M (2 gigs) graphics card which I assume is missing too since it cannot be detected anymore.

c) My system has also developed an audio problem now. The sound comes and goes at times.

d) My system lacks a service tag since the motherboard was replaced.

Finally I shipped it off to the Dell Depot and now the status says that it is on "Billable Hold"? This is shocking as all of these problems were unfortunately created by your service technician. Overall, I have to say that I am extremely disappointed in your customer service. I had purchased premium warranty and yet I feel like I have to jump through several hoops to get any service in the first place!

Business Reply  Krishna KRN, 2014-02-25, 03:11PM CST

I sure hate to read about these types of experiences. My name is Krishna and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell. I am going to do all I can to find out why this happened, and I will keep you informed about what I learn.

However, the service tag number you have provided seems to be pulling up information about a different system model. Could you please check and e-mail me the correct service tag number? Alternatively, you can also give me the express service code or a reference number. You can reach me at [email protected]

Regards,