FedEx - FedEx Provides Poor Customer Service!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5th, 2014 at 12:37am CST by 7a0e12ff

Product: Ground Shipping

Company: FedEx

Location: 942 South Shady Grove Road
942 SOUTH SHADY GROVE ROAD, TN, 38120, US

URL: http://www.fedex.com/us/

Category: Delivery, Moving Services, Storage

Today, I happened to look at the gate to the property and noticed a FedEx vehicle (Ground) stopped near the gate around 600 feet away. A man was doing something with a box and some plastic as if it was perhaps difficult to do. I believe he was there around four minutes.

After he left, I walked/ran down to the gate and saw a package with plastic bags around it which were being blown around by the wind. I though I should get a picture of this, so I went back to the house and got a camera. I went back to the gate and took pictures, including the large plastic bag that FedEx left plastered to a fencepost because the wind blew it there.

I then went back to the house and got a wheelbarrow, since I thought the package was not real light and then went down to the gate and brought it to the house. So, it took me about 20 minutes to do this and walked/ran around 0.7 of a mile in the cold windy winter weather to resolve the FedEx package delivery issue.

I then called FedEx and eventually spoke to a person in their Customer Advocacy Team (CAT). She said basically that their delivery person doesn't have to deliver a package to the house if it doesn't need a signature and feels it is safe. Oh. It could be easily stolen when left right near a County road and it is rather inconvenient to do what I did to get the package.

Because the person in CAT didn't come across as too customer friendly, I asked to speak to her Supervisor. Her Supervisor was a little better and basically said that I could go onto their Website somewhere to specify how I want packages to be delivered. Oh, so I have to request that they deliver packages the old fashioned standard way where they deliver them to your door? Shouldn't they do that normally?

She also said basically that she could leave a message for the local FedEx place about the problem. I told her that this is an ongoing problem and questioned whether contacting them again would do any good. This package issue has taken around 40 minutes of my time today and could have been prevented from occurring by FedEx opening the unlocked gate like UPS does, dropping the package off at the house, and then closing the gate on the way out.

What has happened to old fashioned Customer Service?

Some local FedEx management people called and did apologize and eventually I found out that the man forgot that he was told that it was okay to open the gate and drive in. Apparently, some don't like to open gates because they think if the gate is closed, that the owner doesn't want anyone to come onto the property I was told. No, that's not necessarily true, especially if it is a delivery person. Also, some delivery drivers have had guns pointed at them, I was told so they are on-edge, I suppose you could say. There are no, No Trespassing signs near the gate so there shouldn't be an issue, where they feel they can't drive in.