Adobe Systems Inc. - Adobe's Very, Poor Techncial Support!

Posted on Wednesday, January 29th, 2014 at 10:04pm CST by 7a0e12ff

Product: Techncial Support

Company: Adobe Systems Inc.

Location: 345 Park Avenue
SAN JOSE, CA, 95110-2704, US

URL: adobe.com

Category: Computers, Software

I called Adobe's Technical Support this afternoon as a result of two error message that appeared on my computer screen concerning Acrobat XI Pro. The automated phone message said something like the wait would be around 12 to 18 minutes or so, I believe. There was no option for a call-back given. I held and held and finally, Support answered, I believe, after waiting 33 minutes on hold. By that time, the error message had disappeared from the screen and the Support person didn't resolve anything after being on the phone for approximately fifteen more minutes. It was suggested that I take a screenshot of the error message next time it occurred and we ended the call. I was told I could call back later when it occurred.

A few minutes later, the error message occurred so I took a screen shot and called Adobe Acrobat Support like I did just a little while earlier. The automated message said that the hold time was 10 to 12 minutes and put me on hold. I waited, and waited, and waited, and finally a Support person answered after waiting 46 minutes and we talked. He asked for information as usual and eventually I found I had been transferred to the WRONG department!

He basically came across as don't worry--he would transfer me and that there were very few or none in the queue (in Acrobat Support) and that there would just be two or so minutes hold time. After being transferred, I was told basically that Support was now CLOSED and I needed to call back during Support hours! Oh.

So after spending around 1 hour and 35 minutes on the phone, nothing was fixed and now I have to call back again to try to resolve the problem and who knows how long I will have to wait on hold plus there is always the possibility of being miss-transferred again. This is not the first time there have been issues with their Technical Support.