M H Acceptance corporation - predatory lender

Posted on Thursday, January 23rd, 2014 at 4:22am CST by Doug M.

Product: mobile home lender

Company: M H Acceptance corporation

Location: 118 s. second st
ELKHART, IN, 45616, US

URL: mhacceptance.com

Category: Real Estate

I purchased a mobile home through these rip off artists. When we bought our home, we were initially told that it was a 1997 model only to find out later that it was a 1992, 5 years older then we agreed to purchas.We were also promised a payment book when we signed the 1 and only document that they provided us with. Well we never received a payment book or a monthly billing statement. then after 8 years of living here, I started to notice bad repairs that were made just to cover up damage, but not actually fix the problems. Like they painted over Black Mold instead of cutting the infected area out and replacing it. I have also been requesting documents like a monthly billing statement and a 1098 E interest statement for the last 8 years, all request have met with a flat out refusal, telling me that they are a financial lender not a mortgage company so they are not required to provide me with those documents so I refused to pay my trailer payment until I received them. Then the documents that they sent me were merely typed numbers on company letter head. They were not the properly formatted documents that the Truth in Lending act requires a lending institution to supply to the borrower. They also own the trailer park that we live in. For 6 of the last 8 years that my family has lived here, we have had to deal with a raw sewage leak. The sewage has been flowing freely across our lot to the point that my family can not even enjoy spending time out in our yard. I have reported them 3 times to the health department and I am still refusing to make my payment until I receive the proper documentation. Up until last month we made our payment every month and now I welcome the chance to go to court. Here at my trailer park I have started a petition to file a class action law suit against MH Acceptance corporation which is their new name for their predatory lending practices. They changed it in 2011 but didn't tell us until last year. I would welcome anyone who would like to join in on this action. You are welcome to join even as a car buyer. After reading all the posts about this company, they cheat everyone. Preying on the less fortunate and I want them stopped. I am still looking for an attorney but the more people that want justice the more lawyers will want to jump on this case. Contact me via this site if you are interested.

They also treat their customers as the proverbial trailer trash! They are cheep, exposing their trailer park residents to unsafe and unhealthy conditions. For almost 7 years I have had raw sewage flowing freely across my lot. I have reported them to the Berrien county health department twice, they have temporarily repaired this problem 5 times. The repairs last for about 2 to 3 months then the sewage starts flowing again. I first found out about this problem when a beloved pet dog got into the sewage, i immediately washed the dog but it was too late, she ingested some and died about 2 weeks later. Also they seem to refuse to plow the snow. just in the last 2 days 9 residents have been stuck on their roads. Both my vehicles are included in the 9 and 1 of my vehicles is a full size 4x4 pickup.

Melissa W., 2015-02-12, 09:42AM CST

I also Rent/ Purchase a home from them in Evansville, IN. It is simply a get people in and move them back out situation. I also have requested an monthly Statement and 1098 they refuse to give Me anything. I do not understand how they are above the law. I know this is a personal loan and not a mortgage so they should have to provide something like a rent to own company does or even a car payment. I do believe they just was to resell every home and never allow anyone to acquire home ownership..

I am beyond frustrated and refuse to give up a home i have invested so much money into remolding and repairs!!

Amber P., 2015-03-11, 07:38PM CDT

LI also purchased a trailer and didnt realize they just bandaged all the repairs up. 3 months after moving in we saw that the wood was rotting out when it rained it was leaking through. Outside they just painted black mold. Had a bunch of plumbing problems and the plumbers went under and told us all the pipes had to be replaced since there not in code and were placed wrong. Now I cant use my sinkhave rotting wood and black mold from pipes leaking. We were told we cant move without paying MH $3000 or credit will be ruined. They were very rude and unprofessional. We offered to give them $500 or nothing at all this place isnt worth the time or repairs. There have been so many hazards here and with sewage backing up in our bath tub. I have 2 small children and this is disgusting to go through and unsanitary!