Romano's Macaroni Grill - Food Poisoning, but does anyone care???

Posted on Monday, January 20th, 2014 at 10:33am CST by Russ S.

Product: Food

Company: Romano's Macaroni Grill

Location: 25001 Country Club Blvd.
N. OLMSTED, OH, 44070, US

Category: Food

We had a 60th. Birthday party at the North Olmsted Romano's Macaroni Grill on the afternoon of 12/7/13 about 2 p.m... All was well until I got home and my mom called to tell me that my brother got violently ill when he got home and threw up for 2 hours. He's taking care of his pregnant wife and had friends coming over that evening. To say this put a damper on his evening is an under statement.

It started when he received his severely undercooked veal. He tried a few bites and sent it back to the kitchen. It came back better, but still undercooked...the damage had already been done. I called the restaurant to explain what happened thinking that maybe all the veal was bad. It seemed to fall on deaf ears. They said they'd check into it and have a manage call me. Nobody called, so I called back the following week and spoke to Duane who had no idea I even called the first time. He assured me he'd look into it and would send me a gift card.

Nothing. No call back, no gift card for our troubles, nothing. I called again and spoke to another manager and again no call back, nothing. I don't care about the gift card, but I'm concerned about their handling of food for others sake. I'm not sure if our family or friends will ever go back to Romano's Macaroni Grill after this experience. I guess I was brought up to accept responsibility for my actions or the actions of those I'm managing. I'm not one to "sweep it under the rug" as that's a coward's response.

I hope others see the issues and take some action/precautionary action here, so they don't think they're above doing what's right.

Thank You for listening.


0 Comments

Post a Comment