Probe Marketing, New York - Probe Market, New York SCAM/Stay Away

Posted on Sunday, January 19th, 2014 at 4:34pm CST by Awakened 1.

Company: Probe Marketing, New York

Location: 122 E 42nd St, New York
NEW YORK, NY, US

URL: probemarket.com

Category: Business, Finances

I was hired to do a phone market research study on 12/19/2013, which I was told I would be paid three weeks after. It is now 01/19/2014 and I still have not received my check.

I have called them countless times and Brain a rep for the company keeps stuttering about when pay will be sent. I have now been given three different dates as to when pay will be sent out. I made countless phone calls, none of which any of their reps, including the person I was told who was in charge, "Lynette" has returned my calls but later sent me a email indicating the study was "still" being conducted.

I did a Google search and found the word 'scam' after their name. There also seem to be a few complaints on the BBB website about them. I highly recommend caution using this company and to get something in writing. I am hoping that me spreading the word will prevent this from happening to anyone else and to hold this company accountable for their actions.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, please share this with everyone you know who does research studies.

1bd6e428, 2014-08-17, 04:43PM CDT

Did you ever get paid?

0f78d649, 2014-10-05, 11:52AM CDT

This company has an F rating on the BBB, and people need to know they are NOT a reputable company! On September 9, 2014 I participated in an over the phone interview for market research. I was told I would receive a check for $100 via mail after the study was complete. I followed up with Lynette on 9/14, and she said they were still completing interviews until 9/23 and they didn't send checks out until after the study was complete. I waited to email again until September 29th, and Lynette responded that they had lost some of their data, and wanted me to provide my mailing address again. I provided my address, and followed up a third time on October 4th, and Lynette responded saying the check was mailed on October 3rd, and please wait five full business days before following up again. I am submitting my complaint now, because I am tired of waiting! I have participated in many legitimate market research studies, and the payment is always very timely! I will NEVER participate in a study with them again, and will post complaints about the company in as many places as possible online, so no one else has to go through the trouble of dealing with them! This type of business practice is not acceptable!

Update: I received my check via mail today; however, I want the complaint to remain on the website, because it should not have taken this long to receive my incentive for participating in their research study. Had I not been persistent in following up with this company, I would have never received the check! After my second follow up, Lynette emailed me back saying they had lost my information, and wanted me to provide my address again. This type of practice is very unprofessional, and it's a wonder these people are still in business after having an F rating, and so many complaints against them!

920cf6d6, 2014-10-06, 03:25PM CDT

I had a similar experience to the ones noted above. I participated in a paid survey for Probe Market and was never paid. I was told I would be mailed a check as I was a last-minute attendee. It has now been several months and my follow-up emails to Lynette have gone unanswered.

Business Reply  12532387, 2014-12-10, 12:17PM CST

As the president of Probe Research, it is disconcerting to see this negative feedback. We have paid out 10,000's of incentives this year without incident. Every once in a while we have a problem and clearly no one on these forums understands that = 1. Patience is a virtue. We process 100's of checks each month and sometimes we cant make it within the 23 week time period we promise. 2. Being nasty with us n the phone does not get you paid any quicker than if you are nice to us 3. When we tell you the check has been sent it has been sent. If we tell yo the check has not been sent yet, it has not bee sent yet.

We always pay our people. We are a solid company with offices in midtown Manhattan. Now use your tie more productively and contact me directly if you are owed money and have not gotten your issues resolved within a few days. [email protected]