D&G Appliance, Ateck Appliance, Appliance Repair, George Healy Plumber - Dishonest Business Practice - George Healy Rip Off Artist

Posted on Thursday, January 16th, 2014 at 7:28pm CST by 1ae50288

Product: George Healy

Company: D&G Appliance, Ateck Appliance, Appliance Repair, George Healy Plumber - Dishonest Business Practice

Location: 52b Collins Road, Yarmouth ME
PORTLAND, ME, 04102, US

Category: Appliances, Equipment, Tools

Last year I contacted Mr. George Healy of Maine to repair my refrigerator. He diagnosed the problem (which I later learned was incorrect) and billed me for approximately $500 for a service call and the parts that needed to be ordered. After leaving my home I did not hear back from Mr. Healy. I had to call him multiple times and each time I reached a voice messaging service. I finally left a message that I planned to take legal action against him if he did not return my call. He finally did. I requested a full refund which he agreed to. Several months passed and I never heard from him again nor did I receive my refund. I tried once again to contact him and his phone number was changed. I also had the local Sherriff attempt to serve him with papers to appear in small claims court however the Sherriff has been unable to make contact with Mr. Healy. I was told that Mr. Healy has had other prior complaints filed against him and unsuccessful attempts were made to serve him with legal documents.

He also has multiple complaints filed with the BBB however since he is not recognized by the BBB no further action has been taken.

Mr. Healy has apparently been doing this scam for quite some time throughout Maine. He has used the business names of: D&G Appliance, Ateck Appliance, Appliance Repair, and George Healy Plumber.

I have found Mr. Healy's name and photo on Facebook and ballroom dance community websites and events. If you know this person please help authorities to catch him in order to protect future law abiding citizens in our communities from being taken advantage of. Thank you.