ANSgear - Bad Customer Service

Posted on Tuesday, January 14th, 2014 at 9:11pm CST by Douglas B.

Product: Paintball Marker

Company: ANSgear

Location: 791 Chambers Lane Unit 100 & 110
SIMI VALLEY, CA, 93065, US

URL: www.ANSgear.com

Category: Sports, Recreation

I placed an order at ANSgear before Christmas for a paintball marker. The marker I ordered was a Psycho Ballistics Silver Bullet. I did research these markers and they were well received when they first came out .... TEN years ago. I was only looking for a back up gun and the price was right - only about $50 bucks.

I got the gun and there were 3 problems with it. There was a bad O-ring, the included rechargeable 9 volt battery had corrosion on it, and it was missing a screw. I immediately contacted their live chat customer service. I was instructed to take pictures of the problem areas and send them along with a description of the problem to their customer service department. I did this the same day.

The letter I wrote was very nice and I asked if I could just have the replacement parts shipped out instead of returning the entire marker - to save on shipping charges. I explained that two of the problems were probably age related, and most likely, any replacement marker that was also ten years old would also suffer the same problems.

That e-mail was sent out on January 3rd, a Friday. I did not hear from them, so I contacted their live chat customer service again on January 8. I was told that someone would be responding to me shortly. On Friday, January 10, I resent the original e-mail, pictures, and a note asking them to please respond to me. I heard nothing back from them. On Monday, January 13th, I called their customer service line. I was on hold for over 20 minutes. When I finally talked to someone, I gave them my order number and a brief description of the problem. The representative I talked to said that she would pass on my request to the person handling my case and assured me that I would hear back from them that same day. That was yesterday. I am still waiting to hear back from them.

This company apparently places no value whatsoever on taking care of problems their customers have. It is not my fault that they shipped out defective merchandise. I have tried in good faith to get this situation resolved and have been completely ignored.

I will be contacting my credit card to dispute the charges for this order. I wonder if they will respond when they find out they aren't getting their money? I will not place another order with ANSgear and advise others to avoid this company as well. Amazon.com will match or beat just about every price that ANSgear has AND they definitely take care of customer complaints.

****UPDATE*****

I also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) about this situation. The same day that ANSgear was informed of the BBB complaint, I received a phone call from ANS. The person I talked to was very helpful and polite. He was happy to make sure my problem was resolved in a reasonable fashion.

A few days after that phone call, I received a package in the mail containing the parts mentioned above. I am satisfied with this resolution. For other people who are having issues with ANS, please remember to express your problem clearly, but also don't be rude. If you have still have problems, post a complaint with the BBB. Their website is: www.santabarbara.bbb.org