Citizens Gas Company Indianapolis - Deposit Scam

Location: 2020 North Meridian
INDIANAPOLIS, IN, 46207, US

URL: CitizensEnergyGroup.com

Category: Home, Garden

I have been a Citizens Gas Utility Customer for 24 years and I moved in August 13, 2013. I no longer needed their gas services any longer and I contacted Cheryl at Citizens Energy Group about my deposit. She said that she would go into the archives because it had been since 1990 when I paid my deposit. I informed her that I recently gave my receipt to them and let them make a copy. I waited some months and I still have not received my deposit. I filed a complaint with the Office of Utility Consumer Counselor and the Attorney Generals Office and I still have not received my deposit with interest. Citizens Energy Group has given me excuse after excuse why I have not received my deposit. They said that it has been too many years to find the information and that they cannot see if my deposit has been returned which is not my problem. You have to pay a deposit to get any utilities turned on. They said they do not know if I have paid a deposit. You cannot receive services without a deposit so they are playing games and refusing to send me my deposit. I will have to file a claim against their company in order to receive my deposit back. If you do not pay your utility bill they are very quick to disconnect your services but when you request your deposit returned you have to beg them. They should have returned my deposit within a reasonable amount of time without me having to go through h*** to get it back.