GlobaTrack, LLC - TrakDot promised a replacement back in October 2013.

Posted on Monday, January 13th, 2014 at 5:51pm CST by Foolmeonce

Product: TrakDot Luggage Tracker

Company: GlobaTrack, LLC

Location: 2930 Westwood Blvd. Suite 250 Los Angeles, CA 90064
LOS ANGELES, CA, 90064, US

URL: www.trackdot.com

Category: Consumer Electronics

We bought a TrakDot in September for a trip we are taking this month.

Oct 14 2013 we get an email. they have discovered a problem.. "After thousands of flights, we have become aware of a software issue on your device they may cause delayed SMS / Email Notifications or an errant location to be reported". They go on to say "FedEx will send you a separate e-mail with a pre-paid return label and instructions on how to mail your devices back to us for the software upgrade. This will happen within the next 6-7 days. Please make sure that your address information on the FedEx label is correct.

We anticipate that the shipment and processing time to update your device will take about 2-3 weeks. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience."

No Email from FedEx. We call in Nov, a girl tells us we need log onto their site and print our own return shipping form. Where? so I call back and they tell us that was wrong and we just need to sit tight. Still no email.

its now mid-December I call back and the guy tells me all the replacements were shipped, we are the only ones that got missed, our email from must have been caught in a spam filter and he would just send us one the next week/no charge and we would have it before new years for sure, and to just throw the old one away.

Nothing shows. I leave a vcml last week. and get this email reply..

"On Jan 10, 2014, at 6:18 PM, Jim Duvall <[email protected]> wrote:

I apologize for the inconvenience you?ve been caused. I got your phone call today and immediately put in an order to ship you a new trakdot unit. It will ship out today, and you should receive it in plenty of time for your trip in 9 days. Once it has shipped, I will send you a confirmation email with a tracking number. I appreciate your patience in this matter, and if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks,

Jim Duvall

Technical Support"

I ask what happened to the December replacement...

"We were expecting a shipment of new devices in mid-December, from which we would then supply our customers with replacement devices. However, that shipment didn?t arrive until early January, so we haven?t been able to fulfill those obligations until now. I spoke to the shipping supervisor to ensure that your device gets included in tonight?s shipment. I should have a tracking number for you Monday.

Thanks,

Jim Duvall

Technical Support"

Today is Monday and we never got the message with shipping info as promised. I leave another vcml at tech support and it looks like we being left with a defective unit (that may not work for our trip - the one we bought it for 5 months in advance).

Its not looking good for TrakDot. Stuff happens but its how truthful you are to your customers that counts! Another great idea dies because of mismanagement! I think now I would just be happy to get our money back.

Anyone else having problems getting a TrakDot firmware replacement?

Foolmeonce, 2014-01-15, 07:09PM CST

So the replacement TrakDot arrived today but they sent it so the brokerage charges would be charged to us collect! We had to pay $23 COD charges to get a working unit. I have notified Jim Duval/TrakDot tech support of this. I will ask them for a credit applied towards our account which we will use for the yearly tracking fee. Waiting to hear back from Jim Duval....

Anand N., 2014-01-22, 11:03AM CST

I have received the same story from them as well. They 'fixed' a problem from this summer yet the unit still does not work. They told me a replacement would be sent in January yet nothing has come and they won't respond to my emails.