Fraser Engine & Transmission Rebuilders - Poor customer service

Location: 16731 E 13 Mile
FRASER, MI, 48026, US

URL: frasierengines.com

Category: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Vehicles

While my classic car was to be worked on, I was informed that it would remain indoors and that I could bring it in pretty much at my convenience with an appointment. When I received delivery on my car, I called to make an appointment. Suddenly they felt that there was no reason why it couldn't be left outdoors. In fact, they said they didn't have time to "babysit" it. Further, I made it clear that I wanted the motor to be analyzed to determine if it needed a simple tune-up or rebuild, making it clear that I wanted to keep the 440 currently in it. They kept pushing to have a jasper engine installed in it without even seeing the car. I am very disappointed with their customer service and I have serious doubts honesty.

N S., 2014-01-27, 02:39PM CST

I really hope you didn't follow through with bringing it there. They are an absolute joke and their "master mechanic" is an idiot. I'll spare you the specifics of my horror story with them, and apparently there's a lot of them if you search them or American and Import engine rebuilders (same company),. If you respect yourself in any way avoid that place at all cost AND tell everyone you know to do the same.

SANTO R., 2014-02-25, 03:10PM CST

Wow look at with the Internet has done my competitors are making phony complaints so customers won't call this is amazing!!! Sorry guys working to keep up the good work good luck!!!!

bfcf7c34, 2014-12-25, 03:04PM CST

ALL THESE CLOWNS DO IS SWAP ENGINES, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT GOING HERE FOR ANYTHING ELSE !!!!

I had three phone conversations with the owner and his son in detail about my car needing a timing chain. They assured me they would "tear into it and get to the problem". So I made arrangements to tow the car there, I live in Monroe this "shop" is in Frasier. I also told them where I live and about towing it there....not a problem. The only thing were insistent about was that I bring $700 so they can start the "repairs". So after towing it there 60 miles through downtown Detroit, we pulled around back and my father-in-law started unloading the car. I started talking with the owners son until the owner got off the phone. He then started to do an shop order form in an official manner.

Then he springs the "good" news on me, they aren't a repair facility. And all he can do is replace my engine, to the tune of $7,000 dollars. Then it popped into my head, $700 is 10%, he's pulling a bait and switch on me. So I asked if one of his sons could stop my father-in-law from unloading the car. One of the boy's started walking back there and he stopped him and said he can go, meaning me. So I cut through the shop to the back, told him to strap it back down, and went back inside. The back area is in shambles, I wouldn't let these clowns work on my lawnmower. So at this point I was furious, but I don't want to meet the Frasier police and I have a car to tow home in rush hour traffic. So I just told him have a nice day.

So thank you for taking the time to read this, I hope it helps you choose a competent mechanic. And I read the above complaint and response from the owner. Rest assured, I am NOT his competition and there are better things I can be doing with my time. This complaint is linked to my e-mail, I will answer any questions you might have.

SANTO R., 2015-02-17, 05:19AM CST

do the math.... look how long we have been in buisness an look how many complaints we have had... 50 yrs in buisness and 3 unhappy customers, hmmmm i would condsider checking into the validty of there stories

ricco the owner feel free to call me

cell phone 586-604-4408

Dale, 2015-02-17, 07:10AM CST

my complaint date january 10, 2014 is a valid complaint from a concerned customer. The rudeness and inconsiderate attitude displayed by the primary customer support person was unwarranted. He made it personal when all I was trying to do was pay some one to have my car repaired. dissappointed customer, feel free to email me

SANTO R., 2015-02-17, 07:29AM CST

DALE,

WHAT IS YOUR COMPLAINT? WHAT DID FRASER ENGINES DO THAT WAS SO RUDE? IM SORRY, I REALLY DO NOT RECALLTHIS.. FILL FREE TO CALL ME ON MY CELL PHONE AND PERHAPS WE MAY HIT THE RESET BUTTON..

586-604-4408