Fraser Engine & Transmission Rebuilders - Poor customer service

Location: 16731 E 13 Mile
FRASER, MI, 48026, US

URL: frasierengines.com

Category: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Vehicles

While my classic car was to be worked on, I was informed that it would remain indoors and that I could bring it in pretty much at my convenience with an appointment. When I received delivery on my car, I called to make an appointment. Suddenly they felt that there was no reason why it couldn't be left outdoors. In fact, they said they didn't have time to "babysit" it. Further, I made it clear that I wanted the motor to be analyzed to determine if it needed a simple tune-up or rebuild, making it clear that I wanted to keep the 440 currently in it. They kept pushing to have a jasper engine installed in it without even seeing the car. I am very disappointed with their customer service and I have serious doubts honesty.

N S., 2014-01-27, 02:39PM CST

I really hope you didn't follow through with bringing it there. They are an absolute joke and their "master mechanic" is an idiot. I'll spare you the specifics of my horror story with them, and apparently there's a lot of them if you search them or American and Import engine rebuilders (same company),. If you respect yourself in any way avoid that place at all cost AND tell everyone you know to do the same.

SANTO R., 2014-02-25, 03:10PM CST

Wow look at with the Internet has done my competitors are making phony complaints so customers won't call this is amazing!!! Sorry guys working to keep up the good work good luck!!!!

bfcf7c34, 2014-12-25, 03:04PM CST

ALL THESE CLOWNS DO IS SWAP ENGINES, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT GOING HERE FOR ANYTHING ELSE !!!!

I had three phone conversations with the owner and his son in detail about my car needing a timing chain. They assured me they would "tear into it and get to the problem". So I made arrangements to tow the car there, I live in Monroe this "shop" is in Frasier. I also told them where I live and about towing it there....not a problem. The only thing were insistent about was that I bring $700 so they can start the "repairs". So after towing it there 60 miles through downtown Detroit, we pulled around back and my father-in-law started unloading the car. I started talking with the owners son until the owner got off the phone. He then started to do an shop order form in an official manner.

Then he springs the "good" news on me, they aren't a repair facility. And all he can do is replace my engine, to the tune of $7,000 dollars. Then it popped into my head, $700 is 10%, he's pulling a bait and switch on me. So I asked if one of his sons could stop my father-in-law from unloading the car. One of the boy's started walking back there and he stopped him and said he can go, meaning me. So I cut through the shop to the back, told him to strap it back down, and went back inside. The back area is in shambles, I wouldn't let these clowns work on my lawnmower. So at this point I was furious, but I don't want to meet the Frasier police and I have a car to tow home in rush hour traffic. So I just told him have a nice day.

So thank you for taking the time to read this, I hope it helps you choose a competent mechanic. And I read the above complaint and response from the owner. Rest assured, I am NOT his competition and there are better things I can be doing with my time. This complaint is linked to my e-mail, I will answer any questions you might have.

SANTO R., 2015-02-17, 05:19AM CST

do the math.... look how long we have been in buisness an look how many complaints we have had... 50 yrs in buisness and 3 unhappy customers, hmmmm i would condsider checking into the validty of there stories

ricco the owner feel free to call me

cell phone 586-604-4408

Dale, 2015-02-17, 07:10AM CST

my complaint date january 10, 2014 is a valid complaint from a concerned customer. The rudeness and inconsiderate attitude displayed by the primary customer support person was unwarranted. He made it personal when all I was trying to do was pay some one to have my car repaired. dissappointed customer, feel free to email me

SANTO R., 2015-02-17, 07:29AM CST

DALE,

WHAT IS YOUR COMPLAINT? WHAT DID FRASER ENGINES DO THAT WAS SO RUDE? IM SORRY, I REALLY DO NOT RECALLTHIS.. FILL FREE TO CALL ME ON MY CELL PHONE AND PERHAPS WE MAY HIT THE RESET BUTTON..

586-604-4408

RICCO

bfcf7c34, 2015-02-27, 09:17PM CST

Complaint 2014-12-25 All of these people have valid complaints. You say the first guy is your competition, the next is 50 years in business and only 3 complaints, and the last person you want to call you back.....WHY? You are just making yourself look like a bigger idiot than you already are. And I'm sure there are a lot more complaints out there, people

just aren't going to waste anymore of their time on you or your hack shop.

And by the way, I found a competent shop that fixed my car for $2800, and had it done in two days! Runs like a top, no thanks to you.

That's what REAL mechanics do, fix cars not make excuses!

Business Reply  SANTO R., 2015-03-07, 03:57PM CST

IN REGARDS TO bfcf7c34, WHOM WE MUST REFER TO AS bfcf7c34, BECAUSE WE HAVE NO REAL IDENTITY FOR THIS PERSON, OR EVEN IF IT'S A MALE OR A FEMALE. I SAY THIS NOT TO BE CONDESCENDING BUT I DO NOT KNOW WHO THIS PERSON IS OR EVEN IF THEY HAVE AN ACTUAL RELATIONSHIP OF ANY KIND WITH OUR FACILITY. FOR ALL I KNOW, THIS PERSON IS JUST A TROLL PHISHING FOR AN ARGUMENT. FACTS: WE HAVE BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR OVER 50 YEARS, FAMILY OWNED AND OPERATED. MY FATHER STARTED THIS BUSINESS BACK AT 15701 E WARREN IN DETROIT MI 48224. WE STARTED OUT WITH A SMALL AUTO PARTS STORE AND MACHINE SHOP AND WORKED OUR TAILS OFF TO GET TO THE NEXT PHASE OF OUR BUSINESS. WE THEN PURCHASED A 6000 SQ FT FACILITY RIGHT DOWN THE STREET, AS OUR NEEDS HAD EXPANDED. THE ADDRESS TO THAT LOCATION WAS 15515 E WARREN ALSO IN DETROIT. 47 YEARS IN THE CITY OF DETROIT, WHICH WAS NO EASY TASK, BATTLING ALL THE ELEMENTS THAT CAME WITH THAT, AND NOW WE HAVE EXPANDED AGAIN AND MOVED TO A 20,000 SQ FT FACILITY, 17 BAYS, 7 TECHS, 4 ENGINE REBUILDERS, WE'VE PARTNERED WITH A.E. ENGINES IN GRAND RAPIDS, OWN THE RIGHTS TO POWERTRAINDIRECT.COM, OWN FRASER ENGINE REBUILDERS, AND THE LARGEST JASPER DEALER IN THE COUNTRY AND HAVE PLAQUES AND CERTS TO PROVE IT. DON'T BELIEVE US, CALL JASPER ENGINE DIRECT AT (800) 827-7455. WE ARE THE LARGEST ATK NORTH AMERICA DEALER IN MICHIGAN. WE ARE ALSO THE LARGEST AER MANUFACTURING/FORD CERTIFIED DELAER IN MICHIGAN. THOSE ARE OUR CREDENTIALS, AND THEY SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES. WE ARE NOT A FLY BY NIGHT ORGANIZATION AND HAVE WORKED MANY YEARS TO ESTABLISH A SOLID FOUNDATION. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME ON MY PERSONAL CELL PHONE AT (586 )604-4408, MY NAME IS RICCO. I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ASSIST YOU WITH ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE. WE HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO HIDE.

bfcf7c34, 2015-03-12, 09:54PM CDT

WOW...BLUE HIGHLIGHTING AND BOLD LETTERS....IMPRESSIVE SANTO!

SOUNDS LIKE A TYPICAL MODERN DAY BUSINESS, THE FATHER BUSTED HIS ASS BUILDING IT UP,

AND NOW THE KIDS HAVE RUINED IT!

AND ONCE AGAIN I AM A REAL PERSON AND MY COMPLAINT IS THE CRAP YOU ACTUALLY PULLED ON ME.

NO NEED TO CALL ME OUT ON HERE, MY NUMBER SHOULD STILL BE IN YOUR CELL PHONE.

CALL ME ANY TIME !

ANYONE THINKING ABOUT TAKING YOUR VEHICLE TO THIS CLOWN....GOOD LUCK !

3aa74937, 2015-04-24, 01:49PM CDT

I can attest, to the original post. These guys are the worst. Stay away, far away from this place. I wish I would have seen this before I went there. Worst experience ever, quality of work was garbage.

DO NOT USE THESE CLOWNS!

SANTO R., 2015-04-24, 02:23PM CDT

ONCE AGAIN, BECAUSE WE HAVE NO REAL IDENTITY FOR THIS PERSON, OR EVEN IF IT'S A MALE OR A FEMALE. I SAY THIS NOT TO BE CONDESCENDING BUT I DO NOT KNOW WHO THIS PERSON IS OR EVEN IF THEY HAVE AN ACTUAL RELATIONSHIP OF ANY KIND WITH OUR FACILITY. FOR ALL I KNOW, THIS PERSON IS JUST A TROLL PHISHING FOR AN ARGUMENT. FACTS: WE HAVE BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR OVER 50 YEARS, FAMILY OWNED AND OPERATED. MY FATHER STARTED THIS BUSINESS BACK AT 15701 E WARREN IN DETROIT MI 48224. WE STARTED OUT WITH A SMALL AUTO PARTS STORE AND MACHINE SHOP AND WORKED OUR TAILS OFF TO GET TO THE NEXT PHASE OF OUR BUSINESS. WE THEN PURCHASED A 6000 SQ FT FACILITY RIGHT DOWN THE STREET, AS OUR NEEDS HAD EXPANDED. THE ADDRESS TO THAT LOCATION WAS 15515 E WARREN ALSO IN DETROIT. 47 YEARS IN THE CITY OF DETROIT, WHICH WAS NO EASY TASK, BATTLING ALL THE ELEMENTS THAT CAME WITH THAT, AND NOW WE HAVE EXPANDED AGAIN AND MOVED TO A 20,000 SQ FT FACILITY, 17 BAYS, 7 TECHS, 4 ENGINE REBUILDERS, WE'VE PARTNERED WITH A.E. ENGINES IN GRAND RAPIDS, OWN THE RIGHTS TO POWERTRAINDIRECT.COM, OWN FRASER ENGINE REBUILDERS, AND THE LARGEST JASPER DEALER IN THE COUNTRY AND HAVE PLAQUES AND CERTS TO PROVE IT. DON'T BELIEVE US, CALL JASPER ENGINE DIRECT AT (800) 827-7455. WE ARE THE LARGEST ATK NORTH AMERICA DEALER IN MICHIGAN. WE ARE ALSO THE LARGEST AER MANUFACTURING/FORD CERTIFIED DELAER IN MICHIGAN. THOSE ARE OUR CREDENTIALS, AND THEY SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES. WE ARE NOT A FLY BY NIGHT ORGANIZATION AND HAVE WORKED MANY YEARS TO ESTABLISH A SOLID FOUNDATION. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME ON MY PERSONAL CELL PHONE AT (586 )604-4408, MY NAME IS RICCO. I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ASSIST YOU WITH ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE. WE HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO HIDE.

SANTO R., 2015-04-24, 02:28PM CDT

we complete 80 engines per month... 8 complaints in 51 years NOT SO BAD... we can not make ever person happy.. i just i just gave my 2015 gmc accaida to customer on a warranty job.. how much more as an owner can one do? all i can say is we do the best we can..

3aa74937, 2015-04-24, 03:34PM CDT

Right, 8 complaints in 51 years. Thats why you have a standard reply that you use for all of the complaints about your shop.

More false statements from you.

Again, its always someone else fault

Another case of an unlicensed company, doing poor quality work, just to make a buck.

Not to worry, you will be out of business soon.

DO NOT LET THESE GUYS WORK ON YOUR CAR!

SANTO R., 2015-04-24, 03:46PM CDT

Secretary of State Seal

Michigan Automotive-Related Businesses License Search

Secretary of State

Search Results for Licensed Repair Facilities in Michigan

*For your convenience, the list can be sorted by selecting a column name.

License # Facility Name Address City Zip Phone County Issue Date Expiration Date

F165298 Fraser Engine Rebuilder Inc 16731 E 13 Mile Rd Fraser 48026 (586) 3596241 Macomb

The Issue Date is the date the license/registration was originally issued. The Expiration Date is the date the license/registration expired or will expire. The license/registration may not have been active from the Issue Date to the Expiration Date; there may have been periods of non-licensure.

Doing Business after Expiration Date

A repair facility may continue to perform motor vehicle repairs temporarily after the registration expiration date, pending approval of the renewal application. This only occurs if the renewal application has been received by the Michigan Department of State on or before the expiration date.

If the renewal application is filed after the expiration date, a facility may temporarily engage in repairs without a registration from the time the application is received, pending approval of the renewal application; or

From the date on which the application is filed in person, pending approval of the renewal application.

bfcf7c34, 2015-05-02, 10:15PM CDT

This guys little hissy fits are hilarious!

Dear 3aa74937, do me a favor, when they close it permanently send me

a picture if you live near there. I'd love to see that !

kevin m., 2015-05-19, 05:25PM CDT

....in the end they took care of me as a customer...(they stood behind their product)..The engine (s) were defective from the supplier.....they had no way of knowing this.....and I fully believe that....I was out a lot of money and Rico and his family offered me a "full" refund .....it really upset him that I had posted a previously bad review...I did not know what to do.....all I was concerned about was getting my vehicle back on the road....let Rico and his boys sell you a "Jasper"....that is the best route to go....if by any chance a Jasper is bad......you have a strong warranty and Rico's support in making it right....his prices are fair and he is a "Family" owned business who is concerned about his reputation and quality in the engine re-man world'

SANTO R., 2015-07-01, 09:14PM CDT

FRASER ENGINE AND TRANSMISSIONS

HERE IS YOUR BIRDEYE VIEW

2Websites

Found On

Competitors: On 50+ Websites Have 100+ Reviews 4.8+ Star Rating 5% Unhappy Customers 95% Happy Customers

SITE NAME BUSINESS NAME ADDRESS PHONE RATING REVIEWS STATUS

Google

Fraser Engine & Transmission Rebuilders / POWERTRAIN DIRECT 16731 E 13 Mile Rd (586) 229-1729 0.0 0 Business found

Business not found

Citysearch

Fraser Engines

1673 E 13 Mile Rd

(586) 359-6241

kevin m., 2015-07-02, 05:38AM CDT

Thanks Rico and Family...I gave them an opportunity to make this right.....and in the end they did.....offered "full refund"......they could have just sent me down the road.....I had some bad luck.....the reman' engine was bad after installation....that happens....in the end I am satisfied.....they did everything they could to make this right.....they pride themselves on their reputation and standing in the Reman' World'......I would trust them again based on the fact that they stood behind their product.

Francis P., 2015-07-23, 04:13AM CDT

Francis P I bought an engine from them and was told they went through them and inspected them,WRONG, was told 48000 miles on it,out of a astro and was complete motor,WRONG AGAIN.So far I have an incomplete motor from a blazer and still waiting on reciept and warranty paperwork.Ordered motor on 6-24-15 delivered 7-23-15 they wont return calls or money even though warranty is still in effect DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM, 1,350 is what they owe REPORT THEM I will get their business shut down somehow if they wont stand by their product also a GM certified mechanic said at one time it was seriously overheated, a head replaced.and fuel problems after looking at plugs which were aftermarket and still shot,no ac compressor,oil filter,broken distribruator,metal shavings in oil pan.....and more, hey santo return my calls AND money, I will gladly send it back cause i sure as hell wont have it installed I will even pay for the shipping again.Francis

kevin m., 2015-07-23, 06:18AM CDT

Francis.....this is what I did...(by the way when you buy a used engine sometimes bad things can happen)...anyway....I called Ricco at Fraser Engines...he is almost always available.....I explained the situation in complete detail....I finally understood the warranty and understood that I would be taking some sort of "hit"....it was a risk I took when I decided to be "cheap".....sorry..."cost conscious"...anyway....don't blow a front seal yet.....call Ricco.....give them a chance....it could be a lot worse...believe me....it could be a lot, a lot worse....like I said in my previous post....I'd trust them again.....and no, I don't work for them....I just know in the end we worked it out.

bfcf7c34, 2015-08-20, 01:19PM CDT

Dang Kevin m. Quit kissing his butt, just because he made things right

with you, DEFINITELY doesn't mean he has for the rest of us !

Yeah, he never returned my calls either !

RIP OFF ARTIST, STAY AWAY FROM RICCO