GE Appliances - GE 24 in. 3.0 cu. ft. Gas Range Model #JGAS02SENSS

Posted on Saturday, January 4th, 2014 at 9:45am CST by Alfvaen D.

Company: GE Appliances

Category: Appliances, Equipment, Tools

I got this stove 12/10/13. The stove is 30 degrees hotter than it should be and the electronic ignition keeps clicking. I called to have this fixed and got sent to GE to schedule a repair. I had to wait until 12/27/13 and I had to take a day off of work to wait for the repairman. He came and ordered 2 parts, saying they would be delivered to me and a Saturday appointment would be made. Today they called to cancel my appointment and said they didn't have Saturday appointments; and that I would need to take another (unpaid) day off of work to wait for repair of a brand new product. That's 3 work days so far; delivery, 1st repair & 2nd repair. Just don't buy GE.

Update 1/7/14:

Through assistance from a Home Depot Rep on 1/4/13, I got an appointment for repair on the 1/20/14 holiday (despite being told by GE this wasn't available. Today I get a call from a Rep at GE telling me the solution to my problem is to take another day off of work! NO, What part of NO do you not understand? I explained that after numerous calls I managed to get an appt for 1/20/14. And today I get home to find GE sent me an email which changed the date to Thursday 1/9/14 without even talking to me! "Service requested for: GENERAL ELECTRIC RANGE - GAS Desired Date: Thursday, January 9 Afternoon, 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm" What is the matter with these people at GE! No, I cannot take a second day off of work!

650d0331, 2014-01-09, 08:05PM CST

Hopefully you put it on a credit card and can file a dispute.

Home Depot is generally good about customer service and should handle this for you. If they can't get someone out there at your convenience, tell them that someone has to pay your for your lost wages or tell them to get someone to pick up the stove -- that you are not paying for it and no longer want it. No one wants a returned product that they have to sell at a refurbished rate, plus it lowers the products rating.

Alfvaen D., 2014-01-20, 10:01AM CST

Today was the 3rd service appointment. The repairman walked in and asked what was wrong. I told him, showed him the parts and he refused to replace the part or to recalibrate the oven. He stated there was nothing wrong and the electronic ignitiion on the left side was clicking when in the off position because the polarity in the socket is reversed. He didn't check it or explain why it would be only one side. Or why my felectrician friend has not ever noted a "reversed polarity". I called GE and customer service rep asked him to replace the part but he refused. He also told me the oven was not too hot and I didn't understand how ovens worked. Then he left. Home Depot was unable to help because it's a holiday and GE's offices are closed. I will have to wait till tomorrow to schedule another appointment or arrange to replace the range.