Boss Machine & Fabrication LLC - RIP OFF

URL: http://www.bossmachinefab.com/

Category: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Vehicles

Ebay ID: http://stores.ebay.com/bossmachineandfabricationllc/

Website: http://www.bossmachinefab.com/

I can not stress enough to anyone thinking about buying an engine from this crappy unprofessional fraudulent thieving so called business to go else where. They have you sign a form stating the engine will be built within 6-8 weeks of payment, then why does it take a hundred excuses and 5 months later and still nothing. I have done my research and this business was formerly Speed Industries and I am one of dozens and dozens of ripped off customers that have nothing to show for all this stress and loss of $ and time.

I hymed and hawed for months to buy an Engine off of EBAY and this business changed it's name from Speed Industries to Boss Machine & Fabrication and I didn't properly research prior, but now to find out there has been so many complaints against them for the same things and I should have known better. If it looks to good to be true it usually is. A good price for something usually means the quality is crap or you'll get ripped off.

Excuses on shipping, excuses on parts availability which is a total bs lie, lies about shippers picking things up on time when it was never picked up in the first place, and more lies why I wasn't getting my engine. Weeks go by with no response from the office lady or mechanics because they are stealing your money. And if you're lucky enough to file a complaint on EBAY maybe you'll get your $ back, do NOT pay full for an engine, no other business I know runs like this where you pay in full then they build you an engine to your specs 5 months later and still don't have it then you're out $.

Business Reply  2ec896c6, 2014-01-16, 04:28PM CST

This report is a complete made up lie, either by a competitor or a customer that was unruly and vulgar so Boss Machine and Fab cancelled there order for them and issued a refund to them. Boss Machine and Fab bought out speed industries not just a name change. Boss machine does not state 6-8 weeks for an engine, there are some builds that do take longer but no one has waited 5 months to get there engine. Boss Machine and Fab always returns calls and emails promptly, usually within a couple min customers get a return call and if its after customer service hours the call is returned the next morning.

Boss Machine and Fab does not state the engine is picked up if it has not been picked up.

There are several other companies that require payment for custom or built to order items and engines, there is not one customer that has not gotten there engine they ordered and paid for. We feel it is very immature for someone to try and damage a small family owned and run business for no reason other than to cyber bully. We Here at Boss Machine and Fab work very hard to keep all our customers happy while also building a good product.

2ec896c6, 2014-01-16, 02:30PM CST

After reading this i could not help but be mad. I have been doing business with this company for almost a year now and could not believe the total bs the original poster is stating. They always return calls and have never ripped anyone off, for a smaller mom and pop type business it is very neat they do the work they do and the quality is second to none

the original poster should get his head out of his a.. and stop being a keyboard bully

2ec896c6, 2014-01-16, 02:31PM CST

42cadff7, 2014-01-16, 02:56PM CST

Obviously this is the owner of the shop commenting back, because anyone who is smart with a computer can find out this shop rips people off. How many people do you tell their motor will be done in 4-6 weeks after signing your form then 3-5 months later they still have no motor. This is our hard earned $ you people are pocketing. No bully bs going on here besides on the companys end!

2ec896c6, 2014-01-16, 03:48PM CST

This is not the owner but i do work here, the only reason i am responding is because i was informed by one of our customers about this. I ask that whoever the original poster is obviously you know how to contact us and someone is here Mon-Fri 10am - 4pm to answer the phone and emails but yet we dont know who this is, please contact us if there is a actual problem and we will get you your engine or refund asap. And if you have already received either your engine or refund then please stop with the outlandish accusations.

42cadff7, 2014-01-16, 04:55PM CST

Your office lady is the only reason I among others have probably not sued, this is not immature when your dickin around numerous customers from the looks of it. How many others have you done this too that haven't written a review?

d69cc506, 2014-02-06, 08:09AM CST

Having to make new plans for installation for the motor at the shop I have car in for the second time because I still do not have my motor is not cool! I have to say that it has been longest 5-6 week time frame I've ever waited (more than a couple months) and the communication has been less then satisfactory with this company. I don't understand how someone can run a business like this. Very disappointed.

600f3f4c, 2014-02-07, 08:31PM CST

This is absolute truth this place is a joke full of lies and b/s!! Paid in Full Sept 20th 2013 now today Feb 7th and no motor won't even return my phone calls!! Just want my money back enough with the lies!!! 4_ 6 weeks is a line of garbage parts not being available trucks not coming to pick up motor cause it's cold and snowy lie again!! Thanks for nothing and wasting my time and money 3975.00 down the drain!!

42cadff7, 2014-02-07, 08:44PM CST

Everyone needs to start taking legal action and or filing reports with the better business bureau. How many other hard working guys like us has this place scammed!

600f3f4c, 2014-02-07, 08:54PM CST

What's the best route to take the local pd is aware of this guy as well!!

42cadff7, 2014-02-07, 08:58PM CST

I looked into this myself but haven't called yet. Here is the Oconto Falls Police Depts info off of that cities website.

Located at 500 N. Chestnut Ave. Oconto Falls, WI 54154

Mailing address is P.O. Box 70 Oconto Falls, WI 54154

Chief of Police is Mike Roberts

If you would like to contact the Oconto Falls Police Department via E-Mail:

Chief Mike Roberts: [email protected]

Phone number is 920-846-4500

600f3f4c, 2014-02-07, 09:07PM CST

Thanks contacted da out there already as well apparently this is a known problem local pd said I'm not the only one what a low life lay your head down to go to sleep at night knowing that your ripping off people Goodluck everyone hope we get our money back!!

89c9ed8a, 2014-02-17, 05:09PM CST

I bought my motor Nov 5th and have heard every excuse under the sun as to why I still don't have my motor. I shouldn't have to wait over 3 and a half months later. I am fed up with the constant lies and run around. Worst customer service I've ever encountered. My faith in buying anything online is completely lost after this ridiculous transaction. They have had my Money paid in full since November 5th. I should have had my motor before Christmas according to their Order Process sheet (4-6 week time frame is a LIE!) they make you sign which is a useless piece of paper they are using to try to cover their A$$ if someone tries to sue them I'm assuming. Do yourself a favor and go to your local motor shop, don't waste your time and money on this fraud. I also contacted local police and they have had a lot of calls on this guy and his fraudulent shop.

f56bfce9, 2014-03-11, 01:47PM CDT

I'm a local guy from Green Bay who is a friend of one of Boss Machine & Fabrications unhappy customers, when you do an engine you want it to run and if it is messed up you honor the warranty but he didn't. It's pretty sad when Terry's Engine keeps getting all the F!CK UP'S that Boss Machine screws up when they actually get a motor done and all their mad customers takes them to Terry's. And this place has a very well known reputation for taking people's money and not giving them their engine for months and years and is stealing money. When you pay for services and don't get said product that is stealing. One guy paid him 5 grand cash 4+ years ago to restore his rod and the owners Jesse and Heidi Wagner never did a thing to the car, just kept it in their shop and stole his money and has not given back a refund, plus stole parts off an engine he had there and put it on his own drag car for personal use but the guy caught him! Plus there are others that have found cheap parts put on the motors when people are paying top dollar for good parts but are getting the wool pulled over their eyes. He owes another local business guy thousands for a bunch of machinery he bought and didn't pay for and core motors. This place is bad news. Local people talk when a business messes up that bad, and it's a small town and word travels fast and from the looks of it the only people that will buy from him are people off of Ebay because they don't know any better. Buyer Beware!

jackie ~., 2014-03-11, 02:46PM CDT

Im curious where this last "local guy "or deranged phycotic jealous female gets their information from ? legitimate warrantys are always covered, parts are genuine good parts, if there was ever any F*ck ups, they were clearly not brought back or brought to anyones attention to have the business take care of it. Would you buy a bycicle from shopko , get pissed that you broke it and try to get it repaird at target ? doesnt make much sense does it ?? no one is stealing money .that is very disturbing to hear and sounds like this is comming from sombody who has already been served papers by the sheriffs dept for Libel and slander. if a refund is your requested it is sent Via business check .any capital that is part of the business is always paid for before transporting it . Would you sell anything and not collet for it at the time of ownership transfer ? i didnt think so. Local people dont do anythibg for this buiness except bad mouth it. Online sales is the way of the future. Ebay is a great exposure tool .i guess that what happens when people are jealous of how far you have come. its true that you just cant make everyone happy. if anyone has any concerns or questions gossip is never the answer and it doesnt solve anything. go ahead and call to discuss whatever you like. thanks and have a great day .

f56bfce9, 2014-03-11, 03:43PM CDT

Keep up the good work, if anyone is jealous of anything it should be your business of Terry's Engine because Shane and Terry keep getting all your f!ck ups. What do you consider a legitimate warranty if you f!ck up the motor? People talk around green bay and up around your town, there is no doubt about that. And I do think taking 5 grand from a customer and not giving them what they wanted 4 years later is stealing. Yes it is. And taking their harmonic balancer off and putting it on your own drag car then trying to lie your way out of that one. Real piece of work you guys are. Yeah you guys are going real far in life.

Rod R., 2014-03-14, 03:36PM CDT

Boss machine is a huge joke! They are serious liars and have piss poor customer service! I was also told 4 to 6 weeks when I ordered my motor finnally after five months of excuses and lies I received a box (no paperwork at all!!!) with the wrong motor in it! I called and the told me they were out of the one I ordered so they sent this one. They told me they would send the correct flywheel for this motor,( which I still haven't seen any paperwork to prove that this motor is what they tell me it is!) which took an additional three weeks! I spoke with their manager and he treated me like he was out something!!! What a horrible excuse for a shop don't waste you're time or money you will be sorely disappointed!!!!

Sean F., 2014-03-25, 02:26PM CDT

This has truly been an ordeal! Never have I dealt with such an unprofessional group of business personnel. I made a purchase in good faith expecting the same in return. All I have received is a host of excuses leading to no results. A good business practices would be: If your demand is higher than your production. Your focus should be completing the task at hand before taking on more work. If I would have known that this would be the manner of businesses being conducted I would have rather spent more money to get a quality product delivered within a scheduled timeframe. It is shameful that the locals view your business in a negative aspect. As a consumer, all I expect is what I paid for with my hard earned paycheck. I am very disappointed having to resort to writing a comment against a business and possibly involving legal actions. If you are a business! Be about Business!

b5eccdcf, 2014-04-28, 09:44AM CDT

I have delt with this company in the past I ordered a custom GM 383.

It did take almost 5 months to recieve my engine.

Jammie is a piece of work, I would never use his services again..

I purchased my engine from Speed Industries prior tot he buy out.

The lady from Boss is a sweetie but her hands are tied with Jammies lies and BS..

its been over a year and I still never recieved any of the paperwork from my engine build.

no specs warenty or invoice..

If something breaks I dont even know what specs I should follow 2 replace parts..

I wish I went with another company..

Please save your money and time and go with someone elce..

Dee Dee B., 2014-05-28, 10:14PM CDT

I need someone to give me a decent contact to this company because we have been waiting on an engine for almost 3 months & still NOTHING...I want answers or a refund...whether they know it or not it's very stressful waiting on something that seems to not be coming at all especially when you put trust, money & time into a company for something & you get NOTHING but "beats around the Bush"....someone please email me either from the head of this company or someone who has TRUE answers about what's going on with my engine THANK YOU ....my email is [email protected] (serious answers only)

46909f22, 2014-06-06, 03:24PM CDT

Same here, ordered my motor in march and here it is 3 months later and still no motor. Called last week and talked to Nicki and she told me they had some pick ups scheduled for this week and if my motor got picked up early enough I would have it by the end of the week. Well here it is Friday and still no motor. All I want is my motor or my money back.

Adam H., 2014-06-13, 07:08PM CDT

I put my name on this complaint so no one can say this is some mad local guy. I ordered an engine fr boss machine back in march. I didn't start emailing them about it until after the 4wk period was up. Since then I have sent a dozen. I do get responses back and they do answer the phone when I call. I am not here to bad mouth, just state the facts. It has been 3 months now and I still have no engine. It hopefully left there a few weeks ago like I was told but I have yet to receive a tracking number. I was told last week it went to the wrong depot but will be rerouted to me but still no tracking info. I am hopefull still that I wasn't ripped off but i am losing faith fast. Not sure what to do about it but I have a family, wife and 3 little boys and I don't know about anyone else but $2400 isn't pocket change around my house. I hope it comes but so far it's not looking good and deffinatley way beyond the 4 weeks that I was told. Be careful ordering stuff over the net or by phone. It's nice when you you can talk face to face with the people you deal with, if you know what I mean.

todd r., 2014-07-11, 03:27PM CDT

i finally recieved my engine, it took 14 weeks, thats a long time, nicki told me it would take 4-6 weeks when i paid, she is very nice but i think it would be better if they kept in touch more. the motor is in and running, very good rebuild, lots of power and the price can't be beat. i love it. the only problem i had/have is how long it took to get. i would have gone somewhere else if i had known. it's been 21 weeks and i still have not recieved a build sheet. i will not buy another engine from them. too bad too. good motor, good work, great price. just took soooo looong to get....

Chris S., 2014-07-26, 10:06PM CDT

Warning stay away!!! I bought a motor off ebay,gave me the run around forever and still no motor and still no refund.I had to file a charge back with my credit card and hopefully that will get me my money back.That are nothing but scam artists.There prices were so good I couldnt resist but as they say if its to good to be true it probably is.