U.S. AIR CONDITIONING, HEATING, & REFRIG., CORP. - U.S. AIR CONDITIONING PREYING ON THE ELDERLY AGAIN

Posted on Thursday, January 2nd, 2014 at 9:51pm CST by CECELIA H.

Company: U.S. AIR CONDITIONING, HEATING, & REFRIG., CORP.

Location: 5827 13TH AVE. NEW PORT RICHEY FL. 34652
NEW PORT RICHEY, FL, 34652, US

URL: WWW.USAIRCONDITIONING.NET

TECHNICIAN WAS ALLOWED TO COME OUT TO MY RESIDENCE TO PERFORM A MEPREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE SERVICE AND CLEANING OF MY AC UNIT. HE TOLD THAT A PART THAT AFFECTED THE AIRFLOW WAS BAD AND NEEDED TO BE REPLACED. HE SAID THAT PART WAS OVER $400.00, BUT IF I PAID HIM CASH, IT WOULD ONLY BE $150.00. I SAID OK AND GAVE HIM THE CASH. AFTER WORKING OUTSIDE, HE CAME BACK IN AND TOLD ME THAT HE COULDN'T REPLACE THE PART AS IT WOULD HAVE TO BE ACCOUNTED FOR IN THEIR INVENTORY.HE TALKED ME INTO SIGNING A TWO TIME A YEAR MAINTENANCE AGREEMENT FOR $89.00. I PAID FOR THAT ON A CREDIT CARD. AFTER HE LEFT, I REALIZED THAT HE DIDN'T REPLACE THE PART THAT I HAD PAID FOR IN CASH. I CALLED HIS COMPANY TWO WEEKS LATER, BECAUSE I REALIZED I'D BEEN SCAMMED. THE OWNER WAS EXTREMELY RUDE TO ME AND BASICALLY SAID I WAS A LIAR BECAUSE HIS TECHNICIAN, MIKE, SAID NO CASH WAS EVER GIVEN TO HIM. I WAITED A MONTH TO LET MY CHILDREN KNOW BECAUSE I WAS EMBARASSED AND I KNEW THEY'D BE MAD. AFTER LOOKING UP THIS COMPANY ON THE INTERNET, I REALIZE THAT THEY PREY ON THE ELDERLY AND HAVE A LONG HISTORY OF DOING SO. THIS COMPANY CALLED MY HOME REPEATEDLY, UNSOLICITED, BEFORE I FINALLY LET THEM COME OUT TO SERVICE MY UNIT. MY AC UNIT WAS WORKING JUST FINE, I ONLY WANTED THE $34.95 SPECIAL THAT THEY WERE SELLING. I AM ON THE DO NOT CALL LIST, BUT THAT MEANS NOTHING TO THIS COMPANY! DO NOT LET THEM SCAM YOU TOO!!!!