University Cleaners - Damaged Shirt

Posted on Sunday, December 29th, 2013 at 9:13am CST by 672ac473

Company: University Cleaners

Location: 4034 E 8th Ave
DENVER, CO, 80220, US

I have been a loyal customer for nearly 4 years to this Dry Cleaner and consistently spend over $100/month with them. This last time I dropped off a number of items. When I went to pick up items a very expensive dress shirt was ruined (new value $150). At first the business ignored my request to address the issue. Eventually was able to speak with the owner who admitted fault and said hole was result of their normal dry cleaner process but due to the shirt being "weathered". The shirt was only 1-2 years.

All I was looking for was a partial credit toward future items to be laundered/dry cleaned with this same business. He was completely unwilling to accommodate or address issue in any regard.

We've put up with mediocre service for a while (wive's sweaters being put on hangers when we explicitly requested otherwise) and simply stains not coming out plus dress shirts often having wrinkles. But this is too much.

Scooter O., 2014-01-04, 07:55PM CST

"We've put up with mediocre service for a while (wive's sweaters being put on hangers when we explicitly requested otherwise) and simply stains not coming out plus dress shirts often having wrinkles"

I can already tell what kind of custoemr these folks are, my sympathies to the dry cleaner who got stuck with them! seriously a $150 shirt???? ho pays $150 for a freaking SHIRT???

Sweaters on hangers OH NO!!!! LOL, oh god, help us all!!!!

A 1-2 year old shirt is worn out if worn enough

672ac473, 2014-01-04, 09:17PM CST

"Who pays for $150 shirt" - any professional business man who is client facing, anyone in C-suite, any lawyer, venture capitalist, private equity professional, investment banker, wealth manager. See brands like: Boss, Canali, Zegna, Gucci, Thomas Pink, Robert Talbot, Ralph Lauren Black Label, etc.

"Sweaters on a hanger" - stretches sweaters beyond repair.

But hey check out the yelp review by "Stafford B" who takes 10 paragraphs to describe quality of services and finishes with " after a BBB complaint, I finally got a check." - Says it all right there!