Joyful Rescues, Inc. - Adoption Process

Posted on Friday, December 27th, 2013 at 2:32pm CST by Dave D.

Product: Pet Adoption

Company: Joyful Rescues, Inc.

Location: 1319 Turock Road
CUBA, NY, 14727, US

URL: http://www.joyfulrescues.com/

Category: Pets, Animals

Joyful Rescues is a website among many which attempt to link up pets for adoption and new owners. I would encourage all readers to go with a different website and not to even waste their time in applying. I'm not going to get in depth into my life story, but have always grown up around dogs and clearly know how to provide a good life for a pet. I have a good stable job, own a fine middle-class home, and have a good size yard. I know it make be a lot, but for the sake of time and limited characters, trust me I can give a dog a good home. I do work regular hours so I would need an older dog and not a puppy, but I recognize that and provide this information in my application. Also, I found a dog on a different website and I'm currently providing it a great life. I passed their background check which goes to show I'm a suitable foster parent for a pet. The reason for writing this review is to simply make everyone out there looking for a pet aware of my story of dealing with this company and understand the likelihood you could go through the same problems and find no good resolution. I applied to their website and was denied. After requesting a reason why I was personally denied, they refused to provide any answer at all. My attorney called and was provided the same answer. I went through the Better Business Bureau and the company refused to provide them with an answer too on my case. They told a story of a mother who went there to buy her daughter a dog and she pushed the dog off her lap. This story has absolutely nothing to do with me or my situation, and not acceptable for a business which claims they are a reputable company to provide as explanation. If they are an ethical company, they should be able to clearly articulate a reason for denial. The company will lure you in with all their wonderful pictures of pets and stories, but in the end will deny your application without any reason at all. In addition, they do not even have on their websites clear rationales for a denial. A consumer should be able to go to their website understanding their own story and see whether they will be denied. The company provides no rationale on their websites for denials which clearly articulates most reasons. They will say they reserve the right to deny any application they choose to, but a company should have a valid reason for denying an application. They should have clear reasons for denial and if you don't fall into any of those categories then it should be a given the application will go through. In the end, this is most likely not the website you want to work with for your next pet. I would suggest looking at other agencies.

Amy F., 2014-02-25, 12:05PM CST

Joyful Rescues usually does not tell people why their application was denied. This is because every time they do, an argument with the person ensues EVERY SINGLE TIME. They always think they are unjustly being denied. Joyful is picky about who they adopt to because they want the very best for every animal. Everyone, even abusers, think they are great animal parents. Joyful Rescues does not have time to argue with people. They are too busy rescuing animals.

Please note that people writing these bad reviews are trying to prevent people from rescuing animals, simply because they didn't get approved, or worse, because they didn't get the pet they requested. This makes them selfish, horrible, evil people, in my opinion. Please remember that when reading their reviews. They are trying to prevent animals from being rescued at all, just because they couldn't themselves? Think what it says about them.

Dave D., 2014-02-25, 01:32PM CST

I think the comments made by Joyful Rescues in response to the above claim clearly shows their lack of professionalism. To call someone a horrible person who is evil and selfish when all they did was provide accurate information on their personal situation with the company is quite unprofessional. Even in the claim the writer clearly states they went on to pass a different background and give this animal a good home. This is nowhere near evil and selfish, but quite honorable and unselfish. The claim goes on to say to just use other sites, which again suggests in itself the writer wants animals to find a good home. In addition, rescuing animals is not just about the taking in of the animal, it's also finding them a good home. That truly fulfills the rescue. Denying countless of applications for no valid reason in which the company can articulate goes to show they probably are spending too much time saving the animal rather than finding it a good home after the fact. I would encourage this company to take a good look at the ways they show their professionalism especially in such a public forum.

Amy F., 2014-02-25, 01:48PM CST

I made that comment myself, not Joyful Rescues. It is my personal opinion. No where in my comment does it say Joyful Rescues commented. It is how I feel. And you are still trying to prevent animals from being rescued, Dave. I stand by my opinion.

Marcia N., 2014-06-04, 04:06PM CDT

I am so absolutely disgusted with this organization from Joye Turock to the entire Board of Directors!! I gave my puppy to Joyful Rescues on May 9th after a WEEK LONG struggle on what was BEST for my puppy. I RESCUED Marley from an abusive home prior and he was so scared and had accidents all of the time unless you were constantly taking him outside. My husband and I both worked during the day at the time. My Aunt and Uncle who are dog control officers recommended Joye to me. Joye called me and told me what a WONDERFUL decision I was making going to them and that I could visit until he was adopted and that they check all references, etc. I was very familiar with her process as I had been APPROVED two weeks prior to get a cat. Late in the day May 9th, my husband was finally approved for a shift change we had asked for since we rescued Marley. My husband called Joye the next morning and told her we wanted our puppy back. She told him to fill out an application to adopt. My husband said we are already approved and she said that was for a cat. I immediately knew she was playing games but filled out the application. She of course DENIED the application and said in writing (have email still) that she had already decided to never let us adopt from their because she approved us for a cat and she held one for two weeks (HER OWN WEBSITE SAYS THEY DO NOT HOLD OR SAVE ANIMALS) and again states in writing that I did not know she held the cat. But because of my not showing up, she had decided not to adopt to me ever. YET, you call ME for my puppy when I am such a "horrible person?" This woman thinks she is GOD himself!! She has ignored contact from my attorney, Channel 4 Buffalo NEWS Call For Action, the police for four days when they were contacting her on my behalf, and does not seem to be phased that the Better Business Bureau and The Attorney Generals Office are both investigating my complaint. I have written to all the Board Members and have confirmation that they received my emails, but no response back. I spoke directly to one and after debating with her that it was unprofessional for me to contact her work (I paid NYS $30 to obtain the list of members of the board and their contact information) and sharing that my vet told me she was very reasonable and would hear me out, she did listen to my entire story and said she would speak to my vet and then get the Board together and get back to me. I have not heard a word. I WANT MY PUPPY BACK!! I pray every night they wake up with a kind heart and some empathy and let me at least adopt MY PUPPY back!!

Janice A., 2014-06-07, 08:45PM CDT

I am a volunteer for Joyful Rescues and have been for about 4 years. I am also a two time adopter and my experiences with Joyful Rescues have been quite positive. We have an incredible group of dedicated volunteers whose main concern is the animals. We have seen many animals with broken hearts that have been surrendered by their families. Our promise to those animals is that we will do everything we can to prevent that from happening again. This is not a rescue for people, but a rescue for animals.

Marcia N., 2014-06-07, 10:33PM CDT

Janice, I appreciate and respect what you are saying!~ I think my story is much different and just because Joye is within her rights (her stance), does it make it RIGHT?? She was invited to my home to see that I DO NOT AND NEVER HAD THE SIBLING and that Marley loves us!! She needs to stop being a right fighter....

Marcia N., 2014-06-07, 10:33PM CDT

Marcia N., 2014-06-07, 10:34PM CDT

6f122c67, 2014-08-09, 03:42PM CDT

This is a scam and should not be considered at all. There are many others out there who deserve your attention and will be honest. Unfortunately, there is always a bad egg and this is it.

c29dde0d, 2014-12-26, 02:18PM CST

Everyone knows that if it's on the Internet it must be true.

c29dde0d, 2014-08-16, 12:52PM CDT

Everyone knows that if it's on the Internet it must be true.

Fred Z., 2014-11-17, 08:37PM CST

DO NOT DONATE or support Joyful Rescues in any way. This is a "not for profit" (does not pay taxes) that takes donations and uses them to hoard dogs. The owner is well known as a dog hoarder in her county. To confirm this, simply call the Allegany County SPCA at (585) 593-2200. This is why she peddles for donations outside her county at Erie County and Munroe County Pet Smart stores. You can also boycott them for supporting her. They only like her because it brings people into their store..This woman is a FRAUD, and needs to be stopped. She is RED FLAGGED by the Better Business Bureau Charity/Wise Giving Alliance/Give.org. She refuses to respond and refuses to be evaluated as a Charity by them. She is a hoarder because she feeds off being the Alpha. This becomes obvious in her dealings with humans, and she can't hide it. She uses donations to maintain her sickness. Please also post all your complaints on a Google review, and a Foursquare review, and Spread the word on Facebook. Also contact the NYS Attorney General Charity Bureau.

c695b6ac, 2014-12-07, 02:04PM CST

Attention anyone wanting to adopt from Joyful Rescues of Western New York PLEASE RECONSIDER! My mother is a hard-working dog lover who tried to adopt a dog last week. She has a huge backyard, 30 + years of dog care, and is the most loving person I know. Any animal would be lucky to be in her home and have a happy life.

Joy rejected her application for no apparent reason- saying that the shelter was "unable to meet her needs" and lied about the dog she was interested in having worms.

This is crazy and unprofessional, not to mention unethical. I find it disappointing that a shelter would deny such a loving, caring, interested party based on irrational judgements and without even asking questions about their ill-founded concerns.

c29dde0d, 2014-12-08, 11:55AM CST

If it's on the Internet, it must be true...

c29dde0d, 2014-12-08, 11:55AM CST

If it's on the Internet, it must be true...

802fb094, 2014-12-24, 11:00AM CST

I think they want there own private kennels that's funded buy donations from the public I don't think they want to place dogs in good homes they would rather keep them to themselves

As far as I know never checked with my vet. My last dog was treated like a queen like a slap in the face to be denied by the so called rescue

Fred Z., 2014-12-24, 12:22PM CST

hey c29dde0d....obviously, many people have issues with this organization, and it's because it is true, it is a fraud. Is that the only idiotic response you can come up with to obviously legitimate complaints? You keep repeating yourself with this stupid statement. Your input is valueless. You obviously have some connection to this fraudulent organization. And you obviously have nothing to back up your arguement but your stupid statement. Yes, it's on the internet, and it hurts you because it is true,you moron.

c29dde0d, 2014-12-25, 12:23AM CST

hey Fred z, based on your colorful use of the english language, perhaps you should have stayed in school.I am not affiliated with this organization but i do support it financially as i do several others. I do my homework before supporting any charity just as i did with this one. I want to remind people that there is always another or more to a story then just what hateful garbage somone who's ego is bruised because they were denied,is spewing on the internet. this only shows that joyful got it right!you should be ashamed of yourself for trying to hurt a great rescue that rescues and rehomes hundreds of dogs and cats a year!Im just glad that there are enough intelligent people out there who see right through your garbage! Merry Christmas!

Fred Z., 2014-12-25, 10:30AM CST

the fact that you give your money to this fraud proves what a moron you really are...keep giving, YOUR money is going exactly where it belongs...in the trash...too bad for joyful that there are obviously many people that do see through them..they are doing more harm than good to these poor animals...Merry Christmas to you too

c29dde0d, 2014-12-25, 10:57AM CST

you just go on spewing your hate...its really sad to watch.

Fred Z., 2014-12-25, 08:57PM CST

Fred Z., 2014-12-25, 10:02PM CST

for more proof of this fraudulent charity, go to

Fred Z., 2014-12-25, 10:03PM CST

for more proof of this fraudulent charity, go to

c29dde0d, 2014-12-26, 02:24PM CST

I encourage everyone to do their own research on this rescue as I did. Visit the website, go to an adoption event at a petsmart, talk to the volunteers. Find out for yourself before going by the ugly lies of people who are angry because they were denied for whatever reason. And remember, it's about the animals, these angry people are only hurting them, and it's shameful.

Fred Z., 2014-12-26, 10:43PM CST

strange...there seems to be an awful lot of angry people out there telling ugly lies about this specific "charity". Also strange is that you will not see this type of activity about any of the other LEGITIMATE rescues out there....very strange, indeed. You must ask yourself...why only this one being investigated, complaints, etc, etc, etc...??????????

c29dde0d, 2014-12-27, 02:22AM CST

Did you get bullied as a child or something?

Fred Z., 2014-12-27, 09:41AM CST

no, in fact... I DO care about the animals that this organization is exploiting, as much, or more, than you do. This organization is well known for it's antics by anyone who bothers to research them beyond the front that they present on their website, facebook page, and Pet Smart stores. They have quite the scam going. When I see a wrong, I need to do what I can to right it. And that's what all these other folks are doing too. This woman lost her focus of the animals long ago, probably when she discovered she could live very comfortably from it if she plays the cards well. She is a manipulator. Past associates, past friends of hers, veterinarians, SPCA, are all aware, and it is documented. Do you really think all of these people complaining are going through this trouble if there is no issue??? What are the odds of that???? Think about it. You are correct. It IS about the animals. That's the point. This organization lost focus on that a long time ago.

c29dde0d, 2014-12-27, 10:53PM CST

I'm sure people will know what the real truth is when they do their own research instead of listening to the rantings of an angry man who was denied an adoption and by the looks of it, rightly so.

Fred Z., 2014-12-28, 10:34AM CST

More proof of what a moron you are. Is that what you think my issue is?? You really are clearly just stupid. The owner of this so called "charity" exploits people's love of animals for her gain. Plain and simple. I've done my research, c29dde0d. (Interesting how you remain anonymous). You are not who you say you are. One angry man? Seems to me it's more like many people vs. one idiot with a specific interest. I think the many are intelligent enough to see through you. Seems to me that is what concerns you. I will let that speak for itself, but I have more if you wish to continue....

Fred Z., 2014-12-28, 10:36AM CST

c29dde0d, 2014-12-28, 10:45PM CST

And I'm telling you...you don't know what you are talking about and are spreading nasty lies about an amazing organization that I have done my homework on. So people can make their decision based on doing their own homework. And a hoarder doesn't turn over HUNDREDS of adoptions a year. You are really starting to bore me, and you are only making yourself look worse and worse which is pathetic.

Fred Z., 2014-12-29, 11:26AM CST

Obviously, a scam organization that fronts as a charity and adoption agency, and also has so many complaints and documented investigations against them, is forced to perform some adoptions. However, all their selections and adoptions are strategic and self-serving in nature. It is not about the animals, it is about maintaining their front. They have been at this a long time and know what it takes to maintain the front. This is all evidenced by the amount of people, including veterinarians, SPCA, BBB, etc, etc..who have so many documented cases. Let the numbers speak for themselves. A fool and his money are soon parted. Investigate for yourself before considering sending them any money. But don't believe the baloney you see on their website, etc....

Fred Z., 2014-12-29, 11:27AM CST

see more complaints here:

c29dde0d, 2014-12-29, 12:08PM CST

Whatever you say Fred Z you are obviously the authority on this subject although I have been to the place, met the people, seen the animals, and follow the happy adoptions that are posted every week on their public facebook page. But by all means carry on with your declaration of all knowing expertise on the subject. I really have much more important things to spend my time on, like watching paint dry, stuff like that. Enjoy your negativity party.

Fred Z., 2014-12-29, 08:47PM CST

Ah, yes, the happy adoptions on their facebook page. I find this fanfare quite interesting. I have adopted many dogs in my time, and have never seen this before. Not that this shouldn't be celebrated, it should. However, seems to me they should be more frequent, a daily event, and not an occasional staged publicity stunt. I would be very happy if everything on their site and their fb page were accurate, what a great world it would be. Remember, "if it's on the internet, it must be true". Unfortunately, there are dishonest people in this world, people that have lost their way. These are not my words, they are the words of past friends and associates of the owner. One might ask...why is joyful rescues pages so different from all this negativity on the complaint sites? The answer is simple. They are in control of those sites. MANY negative comments have been posted....what do you suppose happens to them? What type of front would a scam organization put in front of a potential donor? There are countless numbers of excellent pet owners with impeccable vet records that are rejected by "joyful", for no reason whatsoever. Why would that be? These people, and their vets are baffled, stunned. Why??? They need not wonder why. The answer is simple. This is a scam organization. The application, choice of pet, etc. did not suit the strategic, self-serving needs to perpetuate the scam.

Fred Z., 2014-12-29, 08:57PM CST

see EVEN MORE complaints here:

Fred Z., 2014-12-30, 09:19PM CST

I challenge anyone to find a rescue ANYWHERE, that has a even a FRACTION of the bad reviews "Joyful" gets. I encourage all to also contact the corporations that sponsor her, Pet Smart and Hills Science Diet, at the following links:

Tell them the bad light their association with this scam sheds on their companies.

and

c29dde0d, 2014-12-31, 03:25AM CST

I suggest to anyone who is seeking answers to their questions about any charity, animal or human, go to the source and find out for yourself. Better yet, volunteer! What tge world needs is more positive gestures and less negative actions by people. people on the internet only tell what will benefit their argument. Theres always something or many things conveniently left out. People can say and be anything they want on the internet, nobody will be checking up on them! Itsso easy to join in on a witch hunt then to make the effort to find out the truth. But people with integrity will make that effort. As somone who has worked on many human service charitues and a couple of animal charities, I can say that this kind of bashing happens ALL THE TIME! This is what people do. Its not exclusive to this rescue or any other rescue or charity. I've seen it all, even death threats! As my grandson says "haters gonna hate!" Lol! That pretty much sums it up. also, a reminder, this is a website called "complaints.com". Its an open invitation to target anyone you hapoen to be mad at! I'm off to go do some more good in the world. Carry on "haters". Lol!

Fred Z., 2014-12-31, 06:53PM CST

I would normally put some thought into responding to moronic statements, but in this case, it's too easy, so I don't have to.. let's see, this all started with the brave anonymous c29dde0d calling everyone with a legitimate complaint against this scam organization a liar. When you sarcastically say "if it's on the internet, it must be true", that is what you are doing, C29dde0d. (It's obvious that you needed that explained to you, as you apparently didn't pick that up on your own). Now, anyone that disagrees with you or tries to do something about injustice, is a hater with no integrity. Makes you wonder who the real hater is....You are correct, C29dde0d, you are most certainly a positive person. (Do you need that explained to you also??) Here is a clue for you idiot...most, if not all of these people you are calling lying, hating, with no integrity, are obviously very nice people who are animal lovers that happened on a bad seed. That is what the truth is. Your grandson is right..."hater's gonna hate", you should pay more attention to him. I have more for you, but.....oh, I thought I was boring you, and you didn't have time for this because you are too busy saving the world....doesn't seem that way....You really are a waste of everyone's time, but you are also very easy meat...so bring it on if you would like to continue.....and by the way....I don't hate you C29dde0d, not at all...what I despise is your ignorance

c29dde0d, 2015-01-01, 03:48AM CST

Let me give you a little advice since you've failed to pick up on it yet. People are not going to take you seriosly when you resort to childish insults and name calling as you've done on every one of your posts. Dont you realize how you make yourself look? Its embaressing , really, and its not helping you at all. I suggest you try to demonstrate some maturity if you want to have any sort of credibility.

Fred Z., 2015-01-01, 08:06AM CST

...and that....coming from the person who started with the childish insults to everyone who posted. You are truly amazing. I completely predicted your red herring, focusing on that vs. the substance of what I said. (Yeah, I know, you probably need that explained to you also). No need to go any further. You speaking FOR this organization, is doing them more harm than anything I can say against it. So by all means, keep speaking...

c29dde0d, 2015-01-01, 10:23AM CST

A bran muffin or two might also be helpful...

bcb9b6e6, 2015-01-02, 02:57PM CST

I have read all comments and can only speak about my experience. A few months ago I saw a dog that I was interested in on the Joyful Rescue Site. I filled out the application on line, which is extensive and thorough. Within minutes I received email confirmation that the app had been received and that I would hear back in a few days. True to their word, they contacted me with an approval. I had questions about Kazoo, the dog we were interested in and Joye returned my call and addressed my concerns and questions. I decided to drive to Cuba NY and not only see the dog but also their facilities. The facilities were spotless, the animals looked well cared for and happy. We finalized the adoption. Kazoo's veterinary records, which they gave to me were pristine. He had been microchipped, the spay and neuter certificate were in order as were his rabies certificate and tags. They included a bag of dog food so yhat I could transition him to the dog food we use without stomach upset. They also provided a certificate for a free veterinary check up. When our dog trainer had some behavior questions, they were promptly and honestly addressed by Joye. We are thrilled with Kazoo and would not hesitate adopting from them again. Kazoo was not the only dog we were looking at. We had seen other dogs on other local rescue sites and when we would e-mail to

find out more info before filling out an app we never got a return e-mail or call back. There is no perfect world in the difficult realm of animal rescue but Joyful Rescues fills a very important need and they do so well. For all of their detractors, maybe you should start doing what Joyful Rescue does every day before you so readily condemn.

Fred Z., 2015-01-02, 07:36PM CST

I find it very interesting how someone with such a great experience would somehow wind up on a site called "complaints.com"...hmmmmmm....Why would that be?? Was this by accident?? is there perhaps some kind of reputation problem trying to be fixed up. In any case...seems very interesting....and how timely!?

bcb9b6e6, 2015-01-02, 10:00PM CST

Good evening Fred, Nothing quite as nefarious as you imply in your latest post. I was googling Joyful Rescues and came across this site. Let me put your suspicions to rest, I neither work for nor volunteer with Joyful Rescues. I merely adopted a great dog from them and received good service and support. No more, no less. I took the time to read all of the posts related to this matter and objectively considered all varying opinions. I felt that I too had the right to share my opinion and experience with Joyful Rescues,just like you have done repeatedly, and at times rudely over the course of your 18 posts to this site since mid December. What is unclear to me is your agenda? How were you "wronged" by Joyful Rescues? You seem to harbor what borders on a hateful fixation towards this organization yet your reasons are unclear even after numerous posts. I am not going to get into a posting tit-for-tat with you, as you have done with others that do not share your opinions. You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine which is that I adopted a great dog and received great service and support from Joyful Rescues and I am thrilled! By-the-way, how many unwanted pets have you rescued and re-homed this past year? I am sorry that you are not open to differing opinions at face value.

Wishing you peace and harmony for the new year, Lou

Fred Z., 2015-01-02, 10:41PM CST

Hello Lou. I did not get in a tit-for tat with "others". That occurred with ONE, whom was doing exactly what you are accusing me of doing, so I called him/her to the table. Had you read as thoroughly as you say, you would have noticed that, so you may not be as open minded as you present yourself. I never said I was wronged, it is many who are wronged. I am glad you had a good experience. My point is that is the rarity. Indeed, you are entitled to your opinion, and indeed, I am entitled to differ with it. I have rescued dogs, how many is none of your business. I don't claim to be a rescue, don't take donations, nor am I a not for profit, nor do I make a living off it. So your comparison of persons trying to adopt dogs to someone who does all of the above is beyond ridiculous. BTW, don't bother feeding me the BS that they are not making a living off of it, that is total BS, so don't cry to me about how tough their life is. As her ex-friends say, she started off doing this for all the right reasons, but that has changed. I am fine to agree to disagree. I thank you for your wish of peace and harmony, and I genuinely return that wish.

Fred Z., 2015-01-03, 07:29AM CST

By the way Lou, I still do find your timing very interesting, and I'd like to point out the two closing statements of both of your posts, allow me to copy and paste:

"For all of their detractors, maybe you should start doing what Joyful Rescue does every day before you so readily condemn."

and,

"I am sorry that you are not open to differing opinions at face value."

Why are you so entitled to your opinion unimpeded, but they are not?

You might notice a common theme with those I decide to "differ" with.

I repeat my well wishes to you.

bcb9b6e6, 2015-01-03, 04:56PM CST

Hi Fred, I tried responding to your post earlier but my response did not go through. This will be my final post since I don't find continued bantering useful. At no time during my previous posts to you did I say that you were not entitled to your opinion. We are all entitled to our opinions. And as such we should all be respectful of other's opinions. The primary definition of an opinion in the dictionary is "a view or judgment, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge". The opinions that I have voiced regarding Joyful Rescues is based on the facts surrounding the recent adoption of my dog. These were positive experiences with Joyful Rescues that formed my opinions. All organizations are going to have satisfied and dissatisfied " customers", it is just a fact of life based on individual experiences and perceptions. Since it is highly unlikely that you will change my opinion or I yours, let's just agree to disagree. I do wonder, have you ever met or spoken to any of the dissatisfied individuals that you refer to on your posts? Have you done any research on the validity of their complaints? Have you ever personally visited Joyful Rescues in Cuba NY, seen the facilities and animals for yourself? Have you personally shared your concerns with Joye Turock or members of the board of directors?

I cannot speak to any alleged wrong-doing by Joyful Rescues. I can only speak to the facts surrounding the recent adoption of my dog, the fact that they closed out 2014 with 248 animal adoptions, the fact that they rescue countless animals from high kill shelters, including my dog who was rescued from a kill shelter in West Virginia, the fact that they have and continue to save many animal lives, the fact that in addition to myself!f there are 247 other individuals that successfully adopted their pets from Joyeful Rescues in 2014 and an additional 197 adoption that were processed in 2013. In my book, any organization, in spite of perceived shortcomings that can save that many animal lives is doing more good than any of us can do on our own. I know you still question the "timing" of my posts. You can believe what you want. I thank you for your sharing your opinions with me and for taking my opinions into consideration. In closing, I extend my continued good wishes, Lounging

bcb9b6e6, 2015-01-03, 05:07PM CST

Hi Fred, Just wanted to let you know that spell check changed my name from Lou to "Lounging" in my last post to you. Just wanted to make sure you knew it was from me.

Have a nice evening, Lou

Fred Z., 2015-01-03, 09:03PM CST

Hello Lou, I have done my research. I am not spouting from lack of it. I have direct experience, confirmation from others, blah, blah, blah. I would not be wasting my valuable time otherwise, do you think? Obviously, there are people with good experiences, and obviously there many with bad. I feel strong about this issue for many reasons I won't get into for the sake of (relative) brevity. You were fortunate. I guarantee you not everyone has received what you did. This woman creates her own problems, and she deserves everything she gets, in my opinion. You don't agree, and I am fine with that. Trust me, Joye is not interested in constructive criticism. You did not experience that part of it. The "board" (which Joye is on), is nothing but a kangaroo court of Joye puppets, set up only because it is mandatory. One can share their experience without trying to discredit others. While you like to sound very objective, you continually show that you are not able to do that, even after saying I agree to disagree. (I know that is difficult, I have trouble myself). When you stop trying to discredit others, I will offer you the same courtesy. That is the point I tried to get across above. However, I genuinely appreciate your input and take you at your word regardless.

be914f73, 2015-01-30, 02:02PM CST

I had a negative experience with this rescue. I applied for adopting a dog and was denied with no apparent reason. It seemed quite strange that my application would be rejected as I have a history of taking excellent care of my previous pets, supplied multiple references including my vets. I made it very clear that the dog would have the opportunity to go to doggie daycare when I was at work which would seem like an ideal home for a pup! No clarification or explanation for the denial of the adoption was given despite my sending a very polite and appropriate follow up email. I was able to adopt from Home Sweet Home Rescue and had a wonderful experience. Home Sweet Home actually come out to the house to make sure the pet will have appropriate accommodations. The puppy I did adopt was a rescue from down south and is amazing, spoiled in a good way, LOVES doggie daycare and his naps on the couch! I would encourage people to work with more reasonable rescues that are trying to actually find suitable homes for pets and not just reject applications on a whim. I would not financially support Joyful Rescues if there is any chance the owner does have a hoarding problem as some seem to indicate...that is a serious problem that some people with the best of intentions develop. The volunteers I met from there at various functions in the community seemed very nice, but if the mission of Joyful Rescues is to rescue and re-home as many animals from high-kill shelters, the organization as a whole may be betting off-track.

5371a85a, 2015-02-20, 02:49PM CST

Joye from joyful rescues is far from joyful. She accused me of trying to tryi to hard the dogs because I gave it a bath using a flea shampoo. The dog came to me loaded and I mean loads with fleas and ear mites, she told me I lived in squaller. Ha . I know several wonderful people who tried to get an animal from Joye but we're denied with no rightful reason. Probably because they work full time or are "older" . There are many rescues out there and they are not all created equal.

62fbcdac, 2015-04-01, 05:05AM CDT

My family has had an excellent experience with Joyful Rescues. I am not a volunteer for the organization. I do not know Joy. I have absolutely no connection to the agency at all. I found the adoption experience to be thorough and easy. In August 2014 our family adopted a puppy mill dog and the support we have received has been amazing. Reading the above posts saddened me because I fear that one person's hatred for an individual and organization will overshadow the obvious need for pet adoptions.

Fred Z., 2015-04-01, 06:35AM CDT

one person?? have you seen the yellow pages site??

c29dde0d, 2015-04-02, 12:02PM CDT

Have you seen their Facebook page??????

c29dde0d, 2015-04-02, 12:02PM CDT

Have you seen their Facebook page??????

c29dde0d, 2015-04-02, 12:03PM CDT

Have you seen their facebook page????

80b5f606, 2015-07-17, 02:11AM CDT

I have been a volunteer with Joyful Rescues for 5 years. I'm a part of a large team of volunteers in the Webster area. I have also fostered more than 60 dogs for the rescue over the past few years. It breaks my heart to hear people calling this wonderful rescue a fraud and other horrible words. We volunteers put a lot of time and effort into the rescue to help save dogs and cats by making runs to high kill shelters to save dogs on death row, helping out with fundraising, spending our Saturdays at adoption events, fostering, ect. We would NEVER do this if this was a fraud rescue. This is a rescue that we BELIEVE in. Please keep in mind that all of these dogs have been given up at least once in their lives and most come from very bad situations. The application is strict for a reason.I have seen many dogs surrendered to us for silly reasons. "I'm moving and can't take my 5 lb Chihuahua with me.", "My dog is old and I'm sick of waiting for it to die.", "I've had my Westie for 12 years but I'm not paying to have his teeth cleaned." and my personal favorite, "We are getting new hardwood floors." The excuses are endless. We then have to witness the dogs pain at the realization that their owners aren't coming back. Yes, dogs have feelings. We try our best to avoid this from happening with the dogs we adopt out.

Joye is not a hoarder. Accusations like that are just cruel and ridiculous. I personally witness all the adoptions (as well as process some of them)that happen from the Webster PetSmart. There is absolutely nothing fake about them. I myself have adopted 3 wonderful dogs from this rescue who my husband and I love dearly.

Fred Z., 2015-07-17, 07:00AM CDT

To 80b5f606,I commend you for being a volunteer. However, it breaks MY heart to see all you volunteers give up your time and work so hard for a fraud that cares more about her ego and pocketbook than she does the animals. Her criteria for selection is about who will suck up to her, feed her ego, and strategically benefit her operation and home; and NOT who can provide a good home to these pets. Having the decision process singly in this sick, twisted individual's hands is a complete disservice to these animals. Why is it not handled by a board, instead of just her?? Because she likes the control, and feeds off it. I am happy to report that we have since adopted a wonderful dog from our local SPCA, and we are providing her the great home she deserves. However, I will NOT stop my efforts towards exposing this woman for what she is. Much of the efforts by all you wonderful volunteers are wasted and sabotaged by this fraud of a woman. Again, check out this site for the latest http://www.yellowpages.com/cuba-ny/mip/joyful-rescues-inc-11181223?lid=11181223

80b5f606, 2015-07-17, 07:27AM CDT

First of all, you must be nuts if you thnk Joye is in it for the money. She doesn't make a dime. Every cent made from adoption fees and donations goes to the veterinarian fund. That is why it is called a NON PROFIT agency. Do you know how much money it takes to run a rescue that size?? Apparently not. Also, Joye is not the only person who makes decisions on who gets to adopt and who doesn't. There are other staff that does this as well. I don't know where you are getting you facts from but they are not correct. I stand by JR 100%. I have seen all my foster dogs get adopted I to wonderful homes. Foster parents have input into who adopts their fosters as well. For example, not everyone can handle a former mill dogs needs.

I am PROUD of what we do and what we have accomplished. There is absolutely nothing to hide. You might not like Joye but the rescue is $100 real. We honestly care about all the animals and want what is best for them. I'm really not sure what your issue is with them but it is time to move on. You should be ashamed of yourself for telling people to not adopt wonderful animals from a rescue. That is not ok. You can be mad but please don't take it out on the animals.

c29dde0d, 2015-07-17, 12:21PM CDT

Fred you really are one miserable person. It is obvious you were denied an adoption and are lashing out at the organization because of it. You need to get over it and yourself. It only makes the decision to deny you seem more and more like the right one by these folks! And im not sure what youre trying to prove by posting the same link over and over. Like I said before, just because it's on the internet that doesnt make it true.

Fred Z., 2015-07-17, 02:21PM CDT

Hi C29dde0d...coming from you, I consider that all complements, thank you very much. I am happy as a clam, as I got my wonderful dog from a REPUTABLE agency. And I must say, she is a gem,just like her adopter! Have a wonderful day...and by the way...did I mention...all these folks must be liars, too ....http://www.yellowpages.com/cuba-ny/mip/joyful-rescues-inc-11181223?lid=11181223

Fred Z., 2015-07-17, 02:22PM CDT

db39d669, 2015-08-19, 06:42AM CDT

I too was denied and no reason given. I'm a widow, own my home, have a yard, etc. So sad that this woman has a god complex. I feel bad for the animals in her care.