Sprint - Sprint Network Issues and refusal to release customers from contracts

Posted on Thursday, December 26th, 2013 at 6:55pm CST by David K.

Product: Wireless Service

Company: Sprint

URL: sprint.com

Category: Telecommunications

Sprint Complaint

In July of 2013 I switched from Verizon to Sprint because my kids wanted to have smart phones and Sprint was the only carrier with an unlimited data plan. Also, we had a deal from my work for phones and service. I bought 4 Samsung Galaxy IIIs with unlimited data service family plan for all phones. My cell phone is my work phone. Here is a list of what I have had to put up with since July:

Intermittent network connectivity throughout the Washington DC metro area (I am NOT in the mountains of North Dakota!). Now I know why they have ?unlimited? data service. You are better off with a real network and 1GB per month of data. My kids have given up on trying to use this excuse for a network. I guess that is a good thing isn?t it?

I get my voicemails about every week or 10 days. Yes, I get them ALL AT ONCE for the last week. I have even changed my voicemail greeting to say that my new Sprint service is terrible and that anyone leaving a message should not assume that I got it and should keep trying to get me until they actually talk to me. I am a consultant to the Department of Defense, so a lot of important people hear this and hopefully will never make the mistake I made in switching to Sprint.

I may or may not get your text message. There is no rhyme or reason to this.

Calls are regularly dropped. I have been logging this with Sprint and was told that the way their network is designed is that the old towers and new towers are not compatible. So, if you make or receive a call while connected to an old tower and move to a location with a new tower, the call will get dropped instead of being passed from tower to tower. That kind of takes the ?MOBILE? out of mobile-phone. There are also many, many dead zones in the DC area.

I complained right from the beginning because this pitiful service was impacting my work. I wanted to go back to Verizon. The customer service person was VERY sympathetic. They recorded all of my issues, but told me that I could not drop my service because of poor service until I had given it 90 days. So I waited. The service continued to be worse than I could ever have imagined. I continued to call Sprint customer service and register my issues. Finally, last week (it is now December) I called customer service and told them I wanted to drop my service. They put me through to ?the people who take care of that?. The person, who clearly was trained in a more Nazi-style manner than the regular customer service staff, was brutal. I told him that I was not getting the service I had signed up for and I needed my phone to work and it clearly did not, as my many logged issues proved. He had the nerve to tell me that my contract was only for phones and that Sprint was not obligated to provide service to those phones. CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS??? SPRINT DOES NOT HAVE TO PROVIDE SERVICE, BUT ONLY THE PHONE!!! Now that takes the cake!

I then went to my local Sprint store with one of the Samsung phones (total piece of crap?how anyone could give a phone a good review when the battery will not last an entire day is beyond me) because it would not charge. If you wiggle the cable in the port it will show that it is charging, but it won?t stay that way. This is clearly a physical issue. This phone was under warranty. Well, I guess ?warranty? has a different meaning for Sprint because they want me to pay $70 to get it replaced. They said that the warranty does not include free replacements. I am free to send my phone back to Samsung and do without it for a couple of weeks if I don?t want to pay Sprint $70 for a replacement. These thieves are not getting any more of my money.

BOTTOM LINE: DO NOT SWITCH TO SPRINT. YOU WILL BE SORRY. THE NETWORK SUCKS WAY WORSE THAN YOU EVEN THINK IT DOES. YOU WILL BE STUCK FOR TWO YEARS. PAY MORE AND USE AT&T, VERIZON OR EVEN T-MOBILE. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN SPRINT.

I SO MISS MY IPHONE AND MY EXPENSIVE VERIZON SERVICE!!!

DO NOT SWITCH TO SPRINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!