Sur La Table - DO NOT ORDER ONLINE FROM THIS COMPANY USING FIREFOX BROWSER

Posted on Thursday, December 26th, 2013 at 11:28pm CST by William M.

Company: Sur La Table

Location: 800-243-0852
SEATTLE, WA, 98101, US

URL: www.surlatable.com

Category: Appliances, Equipment, Tools

The online ordering process presented to customers of this business does not work with the Firefox browser. The system takes you to a "review your order" page that has no "Place Order Now" button. After wasting 90 minutes try to get my order to work, I called sur la table customer support. The Agent was unable to reproduce the problem on his computer so he agreed with my suggestion that I try a different browser.

I was able to place my order using Internet Explorer which did show a "Place Order Now" button on the same web page where I was previously stuck with Firefox.

UNRESOLVED FALLOUT:

I was using PayPal to pay for my order. My PayPal account now shows 2 charges from Sur La Table:

invoice #889803837 for $349.25 (the firefox incompleted order)

invoice #889832449 for $327.41 (the internet explorer order)

(amounts differ because firefox order had express 2 day shipping)

When I presented this doubled charge to Sur La Table customer service today I was told that invoice #889803837 did not come up in the system. I was asked to hold which I refused since I am currently sick and was promised a callback when the issue was resolved.

12 hours later I have not rcvd a callback hence this complaint appears to be my only path for redress.

(PayPal does not resolve such disputes - please contact the vendor)