Microsoft Corporation - Very Poor Software Support

Location: 1 Microsoft Way
REDMOND, WA, 98052, US

URL: www.microsoft.com

Category: Products, Services

On December 9, 2013, I called Support and was told, I understood, a second level Support person would give me a call in approximately 50 minutes. After one week later I have no record of them calling!

After doing some troubleshooting on my computer yesterday, a second level Microsoft Support person asked if he could call back tomorrow at the same time. I said yes but he didn?t call back today around 10:00 a.m.

I noticed two more problems with Internet Explorer 11 a little while ago so I called Microsoft Support today, December 18, 2013, started talking with a Support person, gave him the case number, then he said he would basically look into it?-then click?-I was disconnected after approximately seven minutes and 15 seconds on the phone! I waited perhaps around five minutes and there was no call back.

I called back, started speaking to a woman in Support, gave her the case number again and started talking about the issues. I told her about the previous disconnect and she said something like I will try not to let it happen again, I believe. While talking to her, I was disconnected at approximately 11 minutes and 15 seconds on the phone! I waited over five minutes and there was NO call back!

I called Microsoft Support the third time this evening after being disconnected twice. I started speaking to a man and told him the problems I was having with Support and asked to speak to a Manager. He eventually said that there was only one and he was busy and that I would have to wait. While we were talking, I was disconnected after being on the phone for approximately 12 and one half minutes! That?s the third time in approximately one half hour!

These issues are not the first issues I have had with Microsoft Support. There have been numerous no call-backs, Support closing programs and loosing important things after I asked them not to, Support personnel that don't know how to resolve issues, not responding to emails and leaving me hanging, and even a Senior Advocacy Specialist told me either they don't usually provide free Support or that they don't provide free Support. This is false. They provide free Support for a limited time unless the software is preinstalled on a computer. In my case, the software was not preinstalled.

I have had numerous issues after upgrading from Windows 8 to 8.1, including Webpages and emails loading slowly. Many other's have had a problem also with slow loading of Webpages after the upgrade. I also have at least one issue with Outlook 2010 after the upgrade that is not resolved yet.

I request that they provide much better Support for their software.