Best Buy - Best Buy Gift Card Problem

Posted on Wednesday, December 4th, 2013 at 6:43pm CST by Julie C.

Product: Best Buy Gift Card Problem

Company: Best Buy

Location: 7601 Penn Avenue South
RICHFIELD, MN, 55423, US

URL: www.bestbuy.com

Category: Stores, Shopping

Gift cards will not work for online purchases. I have contacted Best Buy customer service repeatedly and posted to the forum repeatedly, all to no avail. I have $200 of gift cards that are basically garbage. As evidenced on the forum, many other people are having the same problem, and they are also getting nothing but a frustrating run-around when they seek assistance from Best Buy.

The cards are definitely activated. Although Best Buy continues to blame the third-party grocery stores that sell the cards, and this is BS.

Please see the Best Buy Forum at http://forums.bestbuy.com and search for "Best Buy Gift Card Problems"

Customers are being ignored and/or misinformed as to what the actual problem is and nobody at Best Buy is willing to help.

I regret purchasing the Best Buy Gift Cards, and I will never do business with this company again. I could have easily ordered the product directly from Apple, but I was lured in by BBY to save $15 on the product. I will not make this mistake again. The situation with these gift cards is borderline SCAM.

Julie