Discount Disposal - Dumpster Delivery/Pickup delay and Poor Customer Service

Company: Discount Disposal

Location: JOHNSTON, RI, 02919, US

URL: http://www.discountdisposal.com/

Category: Delivery, Moving Services, Storage

My husband ordered a dumpster to be delivered to our house for 11/9/13. His credit card was charged on 11/8/13. The dumpster didn't arrive when it was supposed to, nor did we get a call saying it wouldn't be coming. We chose this day specifically so we had the weekend to clean out the yard and shed and have it finished before the Veterans Day holiday. We finally received on Tuesday, Nov 13th after I called the office several times. The man who answered the phone when I called and asked why we weren't contacted when the dumpster didn't end up coming said "Are you going to give me a hard time, or do you want the dumpster?" and then gruffly hung up the phone. I called on November 18th around 730am to ask for pickup of the dumpster. I wanted this out of our yard as it is an eyesore (nothing like the pictures on the website. This is rusted out on either side and I didn't want this in our yard for Thanksgiving.) I called pretty much daily asking for status updates on when this would be picked up. I was told either Wed/Thu/Fri - (11/20-11/22). On Friday 11/22 I was told they were running behind schedule. On Monday 11/25 they told me they were a week behind. As of today 11/27 they told me I am on the schedule, but couldn't give me an estimated day for pickup. It seems like they are controlling their cashflow by taking payment upfront, delaying delivery and substantially delaying pickup so they don't have to pay out to dump at the landfill.