River Bluff RV and Fishing Resort - No Response

Posted on Monday, November 25th, 2013 at 7:35pm CST by Kirtes C.

Product: Vacation Lodging

Company: River Bluff RV and Fishing Resort

Location: 14725 NW 1st Parkway
OKEECHOBEE, FL, 34972, US

URL: http://www.campgroundadventures.com/

Category: Travel, Vacations

In an effort to find a short term rental unit in Florida I sent a written request using the vacationrentals.com form to the River Bluff RV and Fishing Resort on Thursday, Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:57 a.m., and followed that up the same day with a telephone call to the resort office. I spoke with an office attendant who responded to my questions about openings. She said she would email me pictures and details of three properties that were available for the requested dates. For whatever reason she sent the email the next day, Friday, Nov. 22 at 4:37 pm. ON that same Friday at 10:37 pm. I sent an email back saying that the properties all looked acceptable and I asked if there was a pet fee.

I did not receive an email in response so I telephoned the River Bluff Resort on Saturday morning requesting a return call. (The web site indicates that the office is open six days a week Mon-Sat, from 10 to 5.) In fact on Sat. morning Nov. 23 I made four phone calls and apparently the office phone was not being attended as no one answered. At 11:40 a.m. (CDT) the owner of the resort answered the phone. She was not in the office and was in the middle of caring for her invalid mother. She told me that she would have to check with the lady with whom I had spoken to earlier in the office before she could give me approval on the rental. She said that she would call me on Saturday with an answer. But no one called the entire day.

On Monday, Nov. 25 I called the RV office again and this time the first lady with whom I had spoken answered. And she still would not give me a yes or no answer about renting a unit. She said that she would call me back within minutes but she never called nor did she respond to my email.

I concluded that for some reason unknown to me that the resort did not want my business. Furthermore, I had to conclude that it would not be wise to use their facility if offered in light of the way they were conducting business. Consequently, I made reservations in another fishing resort.

I was very disappointed because the River Bluff Resort was in a price range we wanted and had facilities and location that appear to be ideal for what we desired. The two ladies with whom I spoke were both pleasant but what a disappointment they were in terms of delivery of service. Buyer Beware!