WALMART / CLAIMS MANAGEMENT INC. - Walmart DOES NOT Stand Behind Their Promises

Posted on Wednesday, November 20th, 2013 at 10:21am CST by Allison

Company: WALMART / CLAIMS MANAGEMENT INC.

Location: EAST DUNDEE, IL, 60118, US

People need to be aware that if damage should happen to your vehicle by a Walmart cart on Walmart's property, Claims Management Inc. WILL NOT do anything to ASSIST THE CUSTOMER. Even after their Walmart employees assure you, as they did me, that Walmart will indeed pay for everything to repair your vehicle, just as it was before you parked it on their lot.

I parked my car away from everyone else at Walmart's parking lot early Sunday morning. While cart attendants were visible to me collecting carts, a cart came flying across the the lot and put a huge dent in the side of my new car.

I went inside and told a manager at the customer service desk who got another (loss prevention?) manager for me. While I was waiting, she assured me that Walmart would pay for the damage to my vehicle as it was on their property in their parking lot. Another associate came up and told me the same thing, they always do the right thing and take care of the customer.

A lady came up to the desk, came outside to my car with me, took pictures and and took a report as to what happened. She said she would review the security cameras, which I fully encouraged as I wanted to know what happened too.

She said she would call me the next day, Monday, and make sure that Claims Management, Inc., the company they use for claims, had contacted me to take care of this.

Monday comes and goes, no phone call. No call on Tuesday either. I call Walmart on Wednesday, 11/20 to follow up with the status of my claim. They apologized and provided me with a claim number and told me to contact Claims Management at 800-527-0566. I was assigned a Claims Manager - Megan at ext 57820. I leave Megan a message.

Megan with Claims Management Inc, returns my call just after 9. She's located in Arkansas. In so many words, she tells me that they will not take care of the repair my vehicle needs because they said we had 62 MPH winds and the cart was blown into my car.

On Sunday, we did in fact have storms and high winds in Illinois. There were tornados in our state too. But not at the time that I was at Walmart. This happened at 9:50AM. It was sunny outside. The storms didn't come until 11:30 in my area. Megan, the claims adjuster, is using a weather report that does not coincide with what truly happened, just to get out of doing the right thing. Just to get Walmart out of taking care of their customer.

I told Megan that I would be sure to let everyone know how Walmart does not take care of their customers. Megan asked me why I would slam Walmart and said it wasn't fair to them. I let her know, as I want everyone who reads this to know, if you were promised that they would be taking care of the damage to your car by several employees, then they use every excuse unfairly to get out of it, wouldn't you do the same thing?!

John Scott, 2014-06-20, 09:28AM CDT

I, too, now have to eat $1000 for shopping cart damage to my new car. My damage was caused when a customer pushed his cart across a row to a collection of carts gathered in a handicap parking space on an incline. Once that cart hit the pack of carts another cart broke loose and headed down the sloping parking lot resting into my fender! All co-managers told me not to worry, Walmart with fix it once they view the security tape to confirm what I saw happen. Once they saw the film they sent it to their third party Claims Management Inc. (CMI). This is the group that denies the claims. They say they are not responsible! I pointed out that they will always be accountable as long as they create the environment that leads to this happening...parking lot not level, old steel carts instead of plastic ones like Target and Big Lots have switched to, and negligence due to inadequate help removing the rogue carts that do not make it the cart corral. They fought me on this for 2 weeks...I guess they are hurting for cash and need it so much they will sell their sole to save a dollar. All while their new CEO Doug McMillon makes speeches about the importance of doing the right thing!

Allaire d., 2014-08-31, 12:40AM CDT

My experience was different. After having my oil overfilled at my local Walmart my previously well running 2006 Prius with 185k miles just shut down in the road less than 20 miles after the oil change. Seems second generation Prius are susceptible to fouling the Throttle Body and MAF if the oil is overfilled. Mine was and by simply filing a clam at my Local Walmart along with the invoice from the dealership Claims Mgt Inc payed out nearly $4000. The entire time my Claims Mgt represenitive Josh was professional, a good listener and followed thru with what he said he'd do , on time every time. Within a week of first talking with Josh I received a check for just under $4000 to replace the HV battery in the car.

They treated me fairly and took the time to understand how a oil overfill could actually cause such damage.

Good Job Josh

540238a2, 2014-09-04, 11:30AM CDT

My experience was a bit different. The cart i was using was missing the flap where kids usually sit. I put a glass bottle in there and it rolled out hit my foot and i had to get 3 stitches. I have a copay of $200 and they say it wasnt walmarts fault. What pissed me off was some bitch from the claim management Deann Blevins she was so rude to me and made me feel very bad. If they dont help me pay my bills I WILL NEVER GO TO WAL-MART OR SAMS EVER AGAIN, its to bad cus i really do like walmart. I will use all social media i can to tell my story and let everyone know how wal-mart really manages their issues.