UPS - UPS treat customers very rudely, no apology for their mistake

Posted on Wednesday, November 20th, 2013 at 9:14am CST by Tony C.

Company: UPS

Category: Delivery, Moving Services, Storage

Today, as UPS customers, my wife and I had a very bad experience at UPS center (Roanoke hub, 3941 Thirlane Rd NW, Roanoke, VA 24019). The workers even called police to evict me and my pregnant wife, from their 'private' land. The cause of this situation is really simple: I tried to understand why I can't pick up my packages which have been requested to be held at this facility (tracking #:1Z1Y2E020320492758). Amazingly, a male supervisor rudely refused our request and told us the only solution for us is to leave. He called the security before we realized what has happened. We refused to go because the package was still there. This decision was stupid. I should leave and complain to UPS about this. I did go when they were trying to call the police. My complain on this post is that they rudely asked me to leave (but I've done nothing wrong), and they have abused this right to piss off normal customers.

You can imagine our anger and confusion. Have we done anything abnormal or dangerous? Was my request unreasonable? On the way leaving I talked to 800-pick-ups and confirmed that at least one of my packages is still on held for pick-up at this facility. She told me I can pick it up today. Joking? Frankly speaking, my wife and I will never have my feet on this UPS land again.

Here comes my question to this giant shipping company: Is this the way you have trained your employee to treat customers? I took 50 min's drive to pick up the package, but only got ice-cold faces and voices saying 'your choice is to leave'. No apology or 'sorry' during the entire process. Obviously there was something wrong with your interdepartmental communication. An apology will solve the problem easily. But your 'supervisor' just asked us to go. I was confused. Am I wrong? I did call to hold the package, and got confirmed. At least one package is still on your facility, but the 'supervisor' refused to give it to me, and he tried to evict us.

The story sounds not interesting. And it has completely changed my impression on UPS. Something is wrong. I am sure I am not in the wrong side. I feel very unpleasant with this experience. I really hope to see how much UPS cares about customers' feeling, and their reputation. But I failed.