Sony Viao computer - service, repair parts

Posted on Wednesday, November 13th, 2013 at 10:38pm CST by Sheela J.

Product: Sony Viao VPCYB15AG

Company: Sony Viao computer

Location: Abhinav Enterprises Sony Authorized Service Centre, Jairam Complex, Nevgi Nagar, Panaji, Goa 403001
PANAJI, GOA, 403001, IN

URL: www.sonyindia.co.in

Category: Consumer Electronics

I had 'no power' in my Sony Vaio VPCYB15AG. When on 21.10.'13 I was given Service Job Sheet no J32016636 I was told that the motherboard needed replacement and would take 7 days. After 15 days, I contacted the Centre, they said, 'no spare part'. I contacted the company directly on [email protected] I explained that I needed the computer urgently as my earnings/work depended on it and I live in a village, my husband is a retired senior citizen and chasing after-sales service persons is not possible. After a reminder I rec'd a non-committal reply from Sony's head of Customer Service (Meena Bose) and a call from Sony's Bangalore centre (Manjula): I was assured that it would take a week longer and that the service charge would not be levied. A week later, the service centre said: 'no spare part'. A day later, when I followed up with Manager Vivek Sawant in the Bangalore office (on Tues, 12.11.'13)I was told that the spare part was being sent by ROAD from Delhi to Bangalore and would take another 10-15 days for me to get the computer back. I wrote again to Sony's head of customer service, this time asking her to compensate for my time and trouble. I gave her my contact numbers. She has not provided hers. There has been no reply until now.