Principio Auto Group - Odometer fraud - buyer beware

Posted on Monday, November 4th, 2013 at 10:30pm CST by Lisa G.

Product: Car dealer

Company: Principio Auto Group

Location: Route 31
CARY, IL, US

URL: www.principioauto.com

Category: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Vehicles

i purchased a car from this used car dealer. I found out that they rolled the odometer back 80,000 miles. Dealer bought the car back from me so I wont sue.

Do Not Buy Anything from this dealer.

Business Reply  21898da5, 2013-11-10, 04:53PM CST

We purchased the vehicle back to try and satisfy the customer. We even paid for the repairs she had done to the vehicle after the purchase. Carfax relies on its agents to input the correct mileage. It is possible that humans make mistakes when entering data. We went above and beyond to try and make this customer happy which we did not have to do. Not to mention we purchase vehicles from auction, consumers, and other dealers and have to rely on their documents being correct. The vehicle sold as miles exempt by state law to us as it was to her. we trusted what a digital odometer said when we purchased just as she did when she purchased it. Say what you might, we did not have to purchase it back from her after having it for over two months. We did it to hopefully satisfy her and apparently it didn't.

I can personally assure you, that we do NOT roll odometers back and comply with every law in the state of Illinois. We as a dealer are heavily regulated by the Secretary of State and audited regularly just as other dealers. Feel free to look at all our reviews and testimonials.

Principio Auto Group Inc