Barnes & Noble - Shipping and Customer Service - Order Issues

Posted on Wednesday, October 30th, 2013 at 7:00pm CDT by Jack N.

Product: Barnes & Noble

Company: Barnes & Noble

URL: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/

Category: Books

Placed an order on Oct 14th 2013. Order had 4 books. They were a school project for my 12 year old daughter. Received an order email confirmation, the order was correct, shipping was free because the order was more the $25 , shipping is 4 -6 business days. Received another email stating the books would be shipped on November 19th 2013.!!!!!!! Excuse me..?? When..??? Called 1-800-THE-BOOK and was bounced around and given the run around. Turns out the ONE of the 4 books was not available until November 19th and that is why they were holding the entire order captive. I asked to please ship out the 3 books that were available. They responded by stating that since it is free shipping the entire order needs to be shipped out in one delivery. I pointed out that the 3 available books total more than $25 so simply cancel the one book that is holding up the entire order. Seriously.. what a joke this company is. Typical American big business - screw the customer. Anway finally 10 days later TWO of the 3 books arrive. Had to call 5 times so far to get the other book. It is now October 30th and still have not received the third book. Spoke to yet another supervisor ( she had the same name as the last supervisor I spoke to yet claims it was not her ).. she promised yet again to expedite the order. Expedite..!! Are you kidding me. I could have walked to the warehouse and picked up the order by now. Here's their definition - the order will be processed in 24-48 hours and then shipping will be 4 -6 business days....guess my 12 year old daughter will have her school project done in time for college thanks to the wonderful world of Barnes & Noble. Noble....?? nothing Noble about this company- do they even know the definition of the word Noble. (( possessing outstanding qualities )) There's Nothing outstanding about Barnes & Noble.

Nevada W., 2016-02-12, 05:07AM CST

I cancelled my automatic membership renewal. Books don't arrive on time. Went to the store to pick up book and it was ordered since they didn't have it in stock. Still waiting for the book even though it was supposed to arrive by now. The store and customer service are useless. Going to shop elsewhere for books.