Verizon FIOS - Damage to Personal Property

Posted on Saturday, October 26th, 2013 at 1:11pm CDT by Marie B.

Company: Verizon FIOS

Location: WAPPINGERS FALLS, NY, 12590, US

We live at Rivercrest Luxury Apartments in Wappingers Falls.We are NOT Verizon customers. On Oct. 15th, 2013, a Verizon FIOS worker, in the process of installing Verizon FIOS in our apartment complex, broke one of our 8 expensive, stainless steel solar lights. After many calls, various phone numbers, I was able to reach a rep named Chevaughn, who took my info and gave me a Ticket #NYB50ZFU9V along with a confirmation e-mail.

I have heard nothing since. On Oct. 22nd I spoke to a Verizon worker who was working not far from our apartment, named Bill, who took my info and assured me that I would be contacted about the broken solar light.

So far..........nothing!! This is actually the second time they knocked over our solar light, but fortunately we were able to put it back in the ground the first time. This time, they snapped the solar light off its base, and we are unable to replace just one light. Verizon is responsible for the damage and replacing our solar light set. I'm hoping that with this information, and also going on their facebook site will incite some interest in doing the right thing here. It is extremely difficult to reach Verizon without being a customer. And at this point, we will never be a Verizon customer.

Anxious to get this resolved. We've had the 8 solar lights for at least 5 years without a problem, and since they are fiberoptic and we change the color for the holidays, we want to have them as they were.

Thanks for any help you can give us.

Al and Marie Birnstill