Unilever800 - Bertolli Olive Oil

Posted on Thursday, October 24th, 2013 at 2:12pm CDT by Michael V.

Product: Bertolli Olive Oil

Company: Unilever800

Location: ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, NJ, 07632, US

URL: www.unilever800.com

Category: Food

I bought two 750ml bottle of Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil at Safeway.

Opening one the entire glass neck broke off with the cap, spilling olive oil and glass all over the kitchen. I took cellphone photos of both the broken bottle (in the trash) and the cap. I disposed of the bottle and oil and broken glass.

I contacted Bertolli and the parent company Unilever by email. They responded promptly to send the UPC and store receipt which of course I don't have. I sent them photographs showing the broken bottle almost full of oil and the broken cap.

Today I received an email with a prepaid envelope telling me to send them the broken bottle, oil and cap. (?)

I also got a customer survey electronically asking me how satisfied I was with their response.

I called Unilever at their "consumer response" number and explained to the nice lady what happened. First she said we are all out of coupons for those until next week. I said I could wait. Then she double checked and said they don't have coupons for Bertolli oil and if I don't have the UPC and the store receipt there is nothing they can do for me. I have bought Bertolli oil for years because my grandmother and mother always did. That tradition ends today.