bpdfamily.com - fake forum

Product: online support group

Company: bpdfamily.com

URL: www.bpdfamily.com

Category: Internet Services

these guys fake they are a free support group but the real truth is they are selling advice or agents for sellers who advertize on their forum. its not what it seems,be warned

Business Reply  Rapt R., 2014-12-10, 01:39PM CST

SOURCE OF FUNDING: BPDFamily.com is operated and funded solely by member donations. The financial needs of the site are communicated to the membership and the members are asked to contribute responsibly and what they can afford. The staffing is also donated (e.g. administrators, moderators, advisors, distinguished members, ambassadors). The volunteers are not financially compensated for the time they spend running the site.

ADVERTISING POLICY: This site does not accept advertising, display or recommend content for compensation, or sell content to members. The carefully vetted listings of clinics, rehabilitation centers, books (and points of purchase), articles, links, and other resources are provided to the members for the sole purpose of advancing their healing and growth.

Business Reply  BPD F., 2014-12-10, 01:45PM CST

Selling services or advertising products are a legitimate and common on website. However, The BPDFamily.com does not sell services or advertise products - it's a code we select to enforce o ourselves. We do this to avoid any possible conflicts of interest when it comes to selecting healing platforms and reading materials. Our policies are very specific on this code: http://bpdfamily.com/content/operating-policies

PRIVACY POLICY: It is necessary to the functioning and facilitation of the messageboard to collect and use email addresses and other personally identifiable data. All such information is collected and secured in a manner appropriate to the nature of the data. We do not sell or otherwise disclose this information outside of the organization. Personal information is not used for marketing products or services. We take your privacy seriously.

SOURCE OF FUNDING: This site is operated and funded solely by member donations. The financial needs of the site are communicated to the membership and the members are asked to contribute responsibly and what they can afford. The staffing is also donated (e.g. administrators, moderators, advisors, distinguished members, ambassadors). The volunteers are not financially compensated for the time they spend running the site.

EDITORIAL POLICY: The editorial content on this site is selected by the editorial committee with the objective of providing relevance and clinical reliability. The state-of-the-art for personality disorders is rapidly evolving. The editorial committee is committed to keep the educational material consistent with mainstream professional thinking and rooted in practicality. The editorial committee is also committed to avoid and debunk common myths. Member input is actively solicited in the form of readership critiques, polls, and workshops. Recommendations to the staff are encouraged.

85b2184c, 2015-01-01, 05:18AM CST

Stumbled om this and I don't understand the complaint. The site has no advertising and has no fee-for-service life coaches. Anyone can verify this by just looking.

I had a session with my T this morning and he asked me to look back on my life starting from 9 months ago (when the shit hit the fan) and going back from there. I was almost stuck for words. He wanted me to see how much I have changed. I remember the cussing STBX used to subject me to, in public even! And the deceipt, the emotional abuse, the frustration I used to (allow myself to) go through.

I consider myself to be extremely lucky. Extremely. I am 9 months from the initial discovery, 9 months into getting out, 9 months into working on 'me'. I have my son and he has me. We are very happy and we enjoy life, together and as individuals.

So many others have it far, far worse and for many years.

Without any doubt, BPDFamily.com has been a major part of my recovery, my sanity, my daily dose of empathy, sympathy, understanding and soothing. If I passed any one of you in the street, I wouldn't know you from Adam. Yet I have this deep, warm feeling inside like we've been close friends for life.

And so they say 'to give is to receive'. As we have received, so we also have given.