Newton Transmission - Car Repair/Maintenance SCAM

Posted on Thursday, October 3rd, 2013 at 10:50pm CDT by ED U.

Product: Car Repair

Company: Newton Transmission

Location: #210-13308 76th Ave. Surrey, BC V3W 2W1
SURREY, BC, V3W 2W1, CA

URL: www.newtrans.ca

Category: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Vehicles

I brought my car to this shop (Newton Transmission)for CKP Sensor replacement on 10 July 2013 because his quote is 30% less than the other shops I inquired. The CKP sensor is located between the rear of the engine block and the transmission's bell housing and by which the whole transmission needs to be removed to gain access to the CKP Sensor.

Before I brought my car in this shop, I have no issue of oil leaks in the engine and transmission on my car. Not even a single signs or marks of oil drops in my garage parking and in own parking space at work ever since I had this car.

Then this guy Rey Paras (owner of Newton Transmission) & his assistant did the repair on my car. They brought down & removed the whole transmission assembly, replaced the CKP Sensor and re-installed back the whole transmission assembly.

So, after the repair... I paid him in cash for the amount he charged me and took my car home that afternoon after work.

The following morning when I backout my car from my garage...., I FOUND MY GARAGE FLOOR was FULL OF OIL WHICH WAS CAME FROM UNDERNEATH MY CAR. Despite of my car's oil leaking situation, I did still drove my car going to work. And after work, I FOUND ALSO THAT MY CAR's PARKING SPACE GOT FULL OF OILs WHICH IS EVINDENTLY COMING FROM UNDERNEATH MY CAR.

I referred this problem to this Rey Paras (owner of Newton Transmission)that day. He told me that I can bring my car back to him so he could evaluate. So the following day, I brought my car to his shop again for him to see the problem. He started his evaluation... and told me so many RIDICULOUS allegations of causes of the oil leaks, etc, etc,etc. THE FACT IS... MY CAR HAS NO OIL LEAK BEFORE THEY STARTED WORKING ON IT AND THEN... AFTER THEY DID THE WORK, THE OIL LEAKS CAME OUT.

In short... THE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM WAS THEIR INCOMPETENT / CRAPPY WORKMANSHIP & REPAIR ON MY CAR.

Another sad thing is.... Rey Paras offered me that he will fix again my car and told me that... I HAVE TO PAY AGAIN WITH THE SAME AMOUNT beacuse he said its very difficult to bring down a transmission assembly. I told him that it should be still under warranty beacuse it was just a couple days ago after he done the repair. And then... he came back to me and told me that.... I will pay 100% if the problem was not from their work and FREE if the problem was came from their work.

I thought it was a good deal... so, I brought again my car to him and he worked on it again and therefore to oil leaks got fixed. Of course he will not accept that oil leak problem was because of their first VERY BAD & POOR / CRAPPY WORKMANSHIP or else it will be free. THUS... I WAS STUPID THAT I PAID HIM AGAIN FOR THE FULL AMOUNT with 5% discount ON THE SAME WORK THAT HE DID PREVIOUSLY.

IN OTHER WORDS... I WAS CHARGED TWICE FOR SAME REPAIR THAT THIS "NEWTON TRANSMISSION" DID (OWNED BY REY PARAS) ON MY CAR.

I also found out the my friend (James) got the same BAD experience to Newton Trnasmission on his car. He brought his car to Rey Paras to replace the "whole transmission assembly". James brought his car to Rey without any oil leaks underneath...., but after replacing the transmission... oil leaks was all over his garage coming from underneath his car. Rey Paras offered him the same as I was told before......"THE SECOND REPAIR IS FREE if the cause of the problem was from their workmanship BUT JAMES WILL PAY 100% if the problem is not from them". However, my friend James was smart enough not to get Rey Paras new deal instead he brought his car to other shop.

THE SCAM HERE IN THIS EXPERIENCES WAS.... "THIS REY PARAS WILL OFFER HIS CUSTOMER A VERY LOW PRICE TO REPAIR YOUR CAR. BUT THEN, HE WILL DO A "VERY CRAPPY JOB" AT FIRST AND THEN.... FOR SURE YOU WILL BE BACK TO HIM FOR ANOTHER FIX OF THE SAME PROBLEM.... AND THEN THIS REY PARAS WILL CHARGED YOU AGAIN ON THE SAME JOB."

I suggest to everybody (especially to Kabayans) not to deal with "Newton Transmission" owned by Rey Paras if you do not want to experience the same James & I experienced.

Thanks.

Dency P., 2013-10-08, 11:03PM CDT

I found Rey Paras a very honest and reliable person to do business with, I know that there is always two sides to every story and frankly? I can not believe the above comments about Newton Transmissions. They have worked on my vehicles many many times and should I every have a concern (never a complaint) I am always welcomed to ask to discuss.

They have worked on my diesel and helped me figure out the best for my budget, I even had a couple of experiences with them working on my other vehicles (that my son drives) and did a wonderful job. They only charged me the amount they have indicated up front.

I find the above compliant to be unwarranted and very exagerated.

As I said earlier, there is always two sides to every story and in my opinion I have only heard good things about Newton Transmissions - I suppose there is always someone that is unhappy usually type of person is usually unhappy about everything, I wouldn't be surprised if he has many complaints about many services here in Surrey.

David R., 2013-10-12, 06:22PM CDT

My name is David Rose and I get work from ray for the last 5 years. Not once have i had any issues. I refurred friends to him and they have no complaints either. I will continue to go there faithfully.

0e1c1824, 2013-10-25, 02:13PM CDT

Anything, if not everything, can go faulty in older cars. Speaking from experience, after a problem gets fixed, another thing comes up. They are all money pits, if you ask me. If im not mistaken, I am the James mentioned here. But to clarify about my case, I did not go to another shop or go back to newton transmission to get the leaks fixed. I decided to bear with it until it won't be manageable anymore. As i mentioned before, i understand exactly how it is with the older cars. I believe its not fair to judge and point the blame to anyone unless there's overwhelming proof and evidence to back you up.

b120b96a, 2013-11-19, 03:17PM CST

I am vito halasan of Surrey, i was his automotive trainee be fore last 6 months, upon my working with him, he is good person with honest behaviour. The issue about him, i think and doubt he will not do that. We repair as much better as we can. Your CRAPPY WORKMANSHIP, is not fit to him, actually a thousand of repairs He made, may be at the during your time, he made error, but not intentionally.