YELP inc. - Yelp is Filtering my legitimate reviews

Posted on Tuesday, October 1st, 2013 at 4:23pm CDT by 023a0991

Product: Filtering Legitimate reviews

Company: YELP inc.

URL: yelp.com

I have put forth several reviews at Yelp.com. I put down the facts. It has filtered several of my reviews. What is more trustworthy, real, honest review than facts? I told facts. yelp.com seems like a very biased site.

tara o., 2013-10-18, 02:33PM CDT

They unfairly skew consumers based on their automated software review program that is supposed to "weed" out fake posts. All it does is eliminate literally 90% of the reviews in general giving you a horrible ranking!! I signed up to advertise with them, without knowing about this policy, and immediately cancelled after discovering this review filtering policy and they hit me with a $700 charge! They want you to pay to advsertise but then they filter ALL your good reviews and show you as 1 star, when you should be a 4.5 star, no one will do business with you bc of their own software and how you show on their OWN site. It's ridiculous!!! Someone tell me how to fight this and I will jump on board, I am boycotting YELP!!

tara o., 2013-10-18, 02:47PM CDT

YELP IS HORRIBLE! They unfairly skew consumers based on their automated software review program that is supposed to "weed" out fake posts. I have some amazing true legitimate reviews that noone even knows are on there. They only show ONE negative one all it does is eliminate literally 90% of the reviews in general giving you a horrible ranking!! I signed up to advertise with them, without knowing about this policy, and immediately cancelled after 13 days when I discovered this review filtering policy. They hit me with a $700 charge! They want you to pay to advsertise but then they filter ALL your good reviews and show you as 1 star, when you should be a 4.5 star, no one will do business with you bc of their own software and how you show on their OWN site. I have over 20 page views a month and not one click thru and I don't blame the consumers, I wouldn't click onto my busines either with that ranking. It's ridiculous. Everyone should be made aware of this policy - by the way once I started fighting it they closed my personal account and won't let me back on.

tara o., 2013-10-18, 02:47PM CDT

Ooops - posted twice, but I am really that upset with them :)