Lands' End Inc - LANDS' END CAN NOT BE TRUSTED

Posted on Friday, September 27th, 2013 at 1:05pm CDT by Arvid K.

Product: Mail Order

Company: Lands' End Inc

Location: 1 Lands' End lane
DODGEVILLE, WI, 53595, US

URL: http://www.landsend.com/?applyPromo=0&promoState=GRAND-_-VALID&cm_mmc=SI_634661178_3360734672_1

Category: Clothing, Shoes, Apparel

Poor Customer Service from Lands? End

Yesterday I had a very disappointing experience with Lands? End, the clothing retailer. I have been a loyal customer of Lands? End for decades, but yesterday the service I received from them was horrible.

After becoming frustrated with their web site I called the 1-800 number for Lands? End. I knew what I wanted to purchase and had no questions for the representative. The initial part of the ordering process was smooth and straight foreword until the representative told me the amount of the bill. The representative had not given me the advertised 30% discount! She had not asked for a coupon code or mentioned the discount that was advertised on the Lands? End web site and in emails to loyal customers like me. I had received several emails from the company advertising the 30% discount. My purchase was for $180, so the 30% discount was substantial.

When I brought the problem to the attention of the representative she was defensive and pretended she did not know of the 30% discount offer. She only gave me the discount after I provide the coupon code that was clearly visible on the web site. Then to add shame to her performance she offered free shipping for my order. That was a very lame attempt to apologize for her terrible job performance. Free shipping was offered for any order over $50, so by the representative offering free shipping she was thumbing her nose at me once again.

The representative is either dishonest or incompetent. She did everything possible to over bill me and then made fun of me. I wonder how many more people she has overbilled while this sale is on?

A very disappointed old time Lands? End customer