Batteries Plus - Destruction of property

Posted on Wednesday, September 25th, 2013 at 7:53pm CDT by 3487b78c

Company: Batteries Plus

Location: 975 Dawsonville Hwy Gainesville, GA 30501
GAINESVILLE, GA, 30501, US

In August 2013 I took a hand held vaccum to the store to replace the rechargable battery. The rep onsite (Rapheal) accepted the unit and proceeded to disassemble in order to determine the battery needed. He was unable to remove two screws at which point I and a friend removed the screws and handed the unit back to the Rep. He quoted a price and informed me the unit must be shipped to their Cumming store for the battery to be built. I paid and left. Two weeks later (one week longer than quoted - and excuse was the Owner had the unit in the back of his truck during that time). Upon being notified the unit was in, I went to pick it up only to find the unit completely disasembled and missing the original screws and the power on/off button not working. The excuse was that "I had taken the unit apart and I was responsible for the missing parts!!). After contacting the corporate office twice, the local store said they would correct the error and fix the unit. The local store did indeed send the unit to Orick, who assembled the unit missing the power on/off controls. Now the unit will not work unless one holds the power button on - I have not returned since the management of this store in Gainesville Ga are complete ignorant morons who care less about the customer but only about daily sales. Steer clear of Gainesville's and Cumming's Battery Plus locations, and drive to Buford.