Sky Golf - Sky Caddie SGX

Posted on Monday, September 9th, 2013 at 5:58pm CDT by Roger K.

Product: Sky Caddie SGX

Company: Sky Golf

URL: Www.skygolf com:

Category: Sports, Recreation

I owed a SkyCaddie SG4 and thought the product was acceptable, ordered their newest model, the SGX, with wifi capabilities in July 2011. Within the 6 month warrant period I needed to have the product replaced due to a product defect. Now in Sept 2013, my unit is defective again (GPS is defective). They want to charge me $59 for the new unit, which I think is unreasonable. Two defective units two years is not a viable business model.

Tom R., 2014-04-24, 02:19PM CDT

DO NOT PURCHASE SKYCADDIE: There are no phone numbers for technical service listed to help with the multitude of start up issues. Went to use their LiveChat to get the SKYCADDIE to work and the directions on paper is different than directions online. With LiveChat took 2 hours and still could not get it running. You cannot run the product without spending money on memberships and upgraded service just to use the product capabilities. All of the options are confusing and when the Live Chat technician gave us the membership to get, I could not use the device for the golf courses I needed without another upgrade and another hour to download and update the device. I couldn't get the device to work and can't use it at all. I requested to have the membership cancelled and return the device they said that they would not because it was over a year that it was purchased. I explained I had surgery and was not able to use it until now and would not refund or do anything for me. This company does not stand by the product and is very difficult to set up and has no customer service and if you do get a phone number will not do anything to have good customer service.