Lincare - Poor Service

Posted on Monday, September 9th, 2013 at 6:29pm CDT by S K.

Product: ResMed CPAP machine & supplies

Company: Lincare

Location: SEATTLE, WA, WA, US

I have had 3 instances now where supplies were not sent, and in 1 case, was not the actual needed supply, but a generic.

They have told me twice that the doctor's orders had not been received, and that was the reason the package hadn't been sent to me. The doctor's office reported both times that the prescriptions had been faxed to them.

I have also been sent a generic air tube which does not have the easier "smart fit cuff" that my CPAP unit uses which allows me to easily unsnap my mask to go to the bathroom at night. I have to remove the entire mask & chin strap, then adjust them back again.

Finally, whoever answers the phone is not only rude, but makes assumptions regarding what my doctor has ordered, even though she "didn't get the order" from my doctor's office. She went on to assume that I wouldn't be covered for a different mask and a different chin strap even though it was medically necessary to change and according to my insurance plan would be covered.

I am changing to Apria!

reecie c., 2015-08-12, 01:24PM CDT

I worked for Lincare for several months. I am an experienced Administrative professional. I was hired on at 11.75hr and was told that was the most they paid their employees. A 19yr old with nothing but fast food experience was hired making 12.00 hr. In addition, I was forced to train that employee and others who made more money than me. No training what so ever.. I worked 7 days a week to try to catch up the patient orders. There were patients without limbs waiting on their orders for years (literally). They won territories that they don't have the man power to provide service for. Some of the employees would throw the dme orders away because, they didn't want to do the work; offices would call all the time looking for orders; especially, McAllen Tx and San Antonio. It is very ghetto-employees, including the Mgr. Jennifer Cleveland, come to work in sweats, house shoes and clothes like they don't care about their appearance. The entire company is ran by a bunch of air head women who have the company almost in bankruptcy. The turn over is so bad that they will hire, church members, family, friends-a referral for anyone that can pass a drug test. Jennifer, the Mgr, hires all of her previous co-workers, friends at 12.00hr, when there are employees that have worked there for years and, can not make that much. *********BEWARE******** I wouldn't take this job unless I was desperate....