Future Classic LLC - 57 Chevi

Posted on Monday, September 9th, 2013 at 11:53am CDT by Heiko Z.

Product: 57 Chevi

Company: Future Classic LLC

Location: 1200, RT. 88
LAKEWOOD, NJ, 08701, US

URL: http://www.futureclassicsnj.com

Category: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Vehicles

I bought a 57 Chevi from Future Classic LLC in 2012 via ebay. They told me it's a nice car and the previous was always taking good care of the car.

I picked up the car, filled it up and drove for about one hour and than the engine blew up. I know this is the risk of ebay. When I brought the car to a specialist he showed me the mud and grease in the oil, so nobody ever did any maintenance on this car, just on the outside. After disassembling the engine they found out that there was a 305 engine in there instead of a 352 like advertised on ebay. After calling them a couple of times and sending emails they told me that they are are just trading the car and always saying the the information are based on the previous owner. But they promised they will contact the previous owner and ask him to give me a refund because of the wrong information. This took at least 2 or 3 months. Always when I called they told me a different story why it's so hard to get an update. After they told me the owner of Future Classic had a hard attack I haven't heard anything for half a year and then he called me to tell me the same story again and that was it. Never heard anything again.

I know I will not get any money from them and I will never buy a car from these guys again but the main reason for writing this review is to protect other people. So please don't buy a car from Future classics LLC in New Jersey, they will always have an excuse that they are not responsible for anything.

I love my 57 Chevi and it runs great but it took a lot of work and money to get it in good shape like Future Classic promised on ebay.

A Buyer, 2013-11-04, 11:38AM CST

Keep away from Future Classics LLC in Lakewood NJ. All cars are consigned and they don't bother getting any information about them. Read all the reports on RipOff. This is a used car dealer disguised as a Classic Car operation. They could care less about the buyer once you pay. My car was full of issues they knew nothing about. Keep away.