Isuzu/General Motor - Claim for repair reimbursement

Posted on Tuesday, September 3rd, 2013 at 12:45pm CDT by 1604602b

Product: Isuzu Ascender

Company: Isuzu/General Motor

Category: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Vehicles

In August 2013 I received a notice via mail that Isuzu Manufacturer has a problem with the Isuzu Ascender fuel sensory. The notification advised owners to take their vehicle to an Isuzu dealership to have the sensor replacement. If the repair had being completed, then I can file for reimbursement. My 2005 Isuzu Ascender was towed to a local repair shop in Sep 2012, due to fact that my fuel guage was not working and the vehicle stopped in the middle of traffic on a busy highway. The fuel indicator was on empty but the vehicle had gas. The local repair shop (which was not an authorized dealership)but a licensed repair chain completed the repairs by putting the vehicle on the computer for a diagnostic check, pulled the gas tank, and dashboard. The repair the cost $1600.00. In according with the information from Isuzu I submitted the receipt along with the neccessary form for reimbursement. I received an email dtd Aug 20, 2013 stating that my claim for reimbursement has been denied due to fact that "Special Policy covers the replacement of the fuel level sensor only." The authorized repair business/ASE mechanic had to assess the problem, the word fuel sensory does not appear on the receipt but the problem was clearly the fuel gauge which was repaired. As a consumer I am outraged that Isuzu did not issue a recall, instead the manufacturer choose to send out a notice after I paid for reimburse. Additionally, I request a copy of the special policy via email and information about the appeal process if any. As of Sep 3, 2013 I have yet to hear from customer service regarding my request. My next recourse is the speak with a lawyer, which will be costly. Request assistance in getting the amount I paid for repair of my vehicle. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,