Energy Network - Engergy Network - A Rip Off

Posted on Tuesday, September 3rd, 2013 at 8:59pm CDT by Google Craig Madans Before You I.

Product: Energy Procurement and Lighting Retrofits

Company: Energy Network

Category: Business, Finances

Energy Network is a new scam by Kori Koepke and Arivus. They claim to be a sales network of 200 seasoned professionals. If they have 40 active sales people, I would be shocked. Kori asks that you pay him $165 a month for his worthless web office and unqualified list of leads to work for him. Check out their website energynetwork.net and let me know if you know what they do. Basically they are middle men for small time lighting whole sellers, not even manufacturers. They claim to be 'vendor neutral' which means they shop lighting sources looking for their best profit. Culprit #2 (appropriate) is Dick Futterman, a loser who couldn't take over his old man's garment business. He has an impressive list of phrases like 'value proposition', 'risk mitigation', 'transaction integration arm'. It's all crap. They conduct an outbound telemarketing scheme 'talent acquisition effort' since the turnover is so high. If you get a call from these jerks or any of their sales people, don't bother to work for them and certainly don't purchase from them. Go to a manufacturer direct, get a better price and save the 30% margin they add.

Frank J., 2014-03-10, 02:44PM CDT

This company, led by Kori Koepke, is involved in wrongful business practices, starting from the very beginning of their efforts to recruit Independent Contractors ("IC'), telling them the great opportunity to make 6 and 7 figure incomes. They charge ICs $165/month for a web office, that is still under development (has been for nearly two years) and leads that have not been qualified or are of any value. Salespeople can access better leads through no-cost sources.

The turnover in this company is HUGE, as new ICs quickly learn what their $165 provides and that the likelihood of closing any order is very remote. If an IC does close an order, they get the smallest piece of the commission pie, as before they see any money, Energy Network gets their cut of each order, in addition to the cut taken by Unified Energy (which is part of Tullett Prebon). Even beyond Energy Network and Unified Energy getting the lions' share of all commissions, overrides are also paid out, leaving the IC----who closed the deal---with the smallest piece of the pie.

Again, in the case where an IC does close an order, it is very likely that it would be at least 6 months before they see their commission and most likely much longer. Generally, you are pursuing energy contracts that start on a future date, and then after that contract starts it takes 120-180 days later before you see your first small commission.

And when you do get paid, you do not receive any supporting detail, telling you which month of the contract payment is for and what the payment is calculated on. And again, you gets what's left after eveybody else takes their portions.....you get the smallest piece, even though you are the person who did the work and closed the deal.

The company has the same number of ICs it has had for the last several years, because they leave as fast as new ones come on board. There are good reasons for this, and nothing has changed.

If you are considering coming on board, you must understand that the likelihood of closing an order is very remote (there is a ton of competition and clients will routinely hang up on you since they hear the same pitch almost daily) AND that it is very likely you will not see any commission money for at least 6-8 months and more likely MUCH longer.

It is also likely Energy Network will raise their monthy fee sometime in the near future, and there is nothing ICs can do about it. If by chance (& luck) you are receiving a commission, you must continue to pay their monthy fee, no matter how high it is, or you will cease getting commissions. You are at their mercy.

FYI-the fee was $100 till the middle of last year, so it has already increased by 65%, and again, will likely be increased again in the near future.

In addition to selling energy, a year ago they were trying to sell (under the name "Arivus") Dragonfly Solutions (a solution that did not even exist, which ICs working the campaign found out over a year later), currency trading and cell phones.

I strongly suggest you do your own due dilligence and research on "Energy Network," "Arivus," "Dragonfly Solutions," "IPower6," as well as Kori Koepke, and see what others have said so that you do not suffer the same consequences.

Also, if you talk to Energy Network recruiters, ask them how many ICs there currently are, and how many they had in 2012 & 2013. Then ask them how many of the current ICs are making 6 figures and how many are making 7 figures. Then ask them how many ICs, who have been with the company for a year or less, are making 5, 6 & 7 figures. Also ask them about Dragonfly Solutions, currency trading and cell phone selling.

This is NOT a good company to join unless you want the high risk of losing money, not making any money, getting extremely frustrated and quitting within 3 months after joining---which is extremely likely.

Robert W., 2014-04-08, 06:13PM CDT

Frank,

I am deeply sorry that you were apart of the every growing scam that is Kori Koepke. Not promising anything but I would have no problem taking some time to show you that this industry does have honest, hard-working individuals, who at a drop of a hat would help you.

Please do not hesitate to contact me on Linkedin. I am here whenever you need me.

Robert Wilkinson

James T., 2014-09-02, 02:30PM CDT

Thank you for your postings!!! You saved me a lot of headaches and out-of-pocket expense. I will definitely NOT be calling them back!

Charles James K., 2014-11-14, 03:42PM CST

These people prey on individuals that have sales experience. They go after older, out of work executives that are desperate. They ask for a monthly fee for software. They are currently under investigation for fraud. I was asked to record their conversations and help with our attorney generals investigation. My wife and I just thought it was a nightmare. They proceeded to contact our bank and pursuit payments after we cancelled their automatic withdrawal. The time that I have spent pursuing this oppurtunity is massive.

d8b4ffdb, 2015-01-22, 02:28PM CST

Excellent way to lay the whole thing out Frank J. Admit I have a 'tingle' every time I get calls/e-s from people who claim to have seen my resume and think I'd be great in their business; I did some MLM several years ago and recognize the approach. When I got 4th (and final, it said) e- *from the exec Asst* (??) and called, guy asked if I'd seen the video. I said no video on site, but was staring at 'Energy Network scam' in Lookup bar. He laughed it off, said it was disgruntled ex-employees, but there's noooo way to miss red border on report and how specific it is on methodology. i was off the phone in about 6 seconds. Was only checking energy industry because investigating 2 other decent contacts regarding solar, but have to believe you are saving a lot of people a great deal of pain with explanation. (Gee, why wouldn't they put a rebuttal on that type of whack in the snout?)

David G., 2016-01-07, 05:18AM CST

Definetly glad I read this. I was goin to take this on as a part time second job. Glad I didn't, thanks for all the inputs guys/gals. You have probably saves a lot people this headache! - Dave Goeliz

27a60cbf, 2016-02-11, 11:35AM CST

This company smells like scam from the step one. It is typical that a scam company try to make it look big that every person you talk is a different person. (After looking in the Internet, it does seem like one.) A few weeks ago I received a call from a Kori (he left message in my answering machine). As I looked the caller ID, it read Karen Kay. When I called back, my line was directed to leave message in her answering machine. Then when I emailed, I received a reply a few days later from "Marko Magazinovic" <[email protected]>. Here is the entire email from him.

Good Day [my name],

Please confirm receipt of this email.

Thanks for responding to Karen Kay's recent communication. Karen had something come up last minute so she forwarded your information and asked me to follow up with you.

I'm sending out our website and also a video overview again to you. I'm sure you will find the information very informative! The 18 minute overview will give you a better understanding of the opportunities within Energy Solutions Network.

- http://icoverview.energysolutionsnetwork.net - short 22min overview that explains what we do

- www.facebook.com/energysolutionsnetwork - our Facebook page that will give you an idea of our culture

- www.energysolutionsnetwork.net - our website

One of our Senior Talent Acquisition Managers is conducting a couple of information calls with some potential candidates and I'd like for you to participate. He will go into detail explaining the Energy Solutions Network opportunity and the position we offer. It will "fill in the gaps", so to speak, after you've reviewed the video. He will also provide an opportunity for you to schedule a private 1 on 1 call to answer any additional questions you may have and also to get a better understanding of your background and experience.

Once you have watched the video, give me a call or reply to this email and I will give you some open times this week for you to get your remaining questions answered and to discuss a potential future together.

Have a fantastic day!

image

Licensed Energy Specialist

image

Website: www.unifiedenergy.com

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may also contain privileged information. Sender does not waive confidentiality or legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately as you have received this email in error and should not retain this message or disclose its content to anyone - any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited unless authorized in writing by the sender. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Energy Solutions Network, its affiliates, partners and/or associates, nor shall this email and/or its contents be binding on the aforementioned parties in any way whatsoever. Internet communications are not secure or error free and the sender does not accept any liability for the content of the email. Although emails are routinely screened for viruses, the sender does not accept responsibility for any damage caused. In accordance with the Federal CAN SPAM Act of 2003, Energy Solutions Network is required to disclose that this email may contain an advertisement or solicitation. All rights reserved.

[end of email]

I would think that Karen must have left or terminated from the company. Otherwise she would have contacted me herself. Also to note that the "short 22min overview" had a very bad audio quality, pointing to this being a scam.

Frank J., 2016-02-11, 06:33PM CST

I think that Karen is Kori's wife or sister in law. I believe their NY address is just that-----an address only, to impress. They don't have any corporate office, certainly nothing in NY.