Discount Tires - Tire Service

Posted on Saturday, August 31st, 2013 at 3:21pm CDT by dc44c2e1

Company: Discount Tires

Location: TX, US

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH DISCOUNT TIRES IN ARLINGTON, TEXAS

I have been a Customer of Discount Tires for almost 30 years. I had my wife's car inspected today prior to going to Discount Tires for a tire rotation. One of the customer service guys approached me. I advised him that I wanted a tire rotation. He advised me that he had to inspect the tires. He came back in and told me there was a problem. The tire tread on the front was not in the required tolerance and that it would not pass inspection. I advised him that I had gotten an inspection on the car about a half an hour ago and the car passed the STATE OF TEXAS inspection. He advised me that no "reputable" company such as Don Davis Automotive in Arlington would pass the inspection. I have used the same Auto Care Company for inspections for two years and they are located in Arlington, Texas about two miles from Discount Tires. The tires are on my wife's 2007 Toyota Camary LE which were purchased at the same location about year and a half ago.

I did get upset or ask for a manager. It was more frustration than anything. I asked for my keys and advised the Discount service guy that I would not do any more business with Discount Tires.

Oh by the way they told about 3-4 years ago my wife had a bent rim and tried to get me to buy a set of 4 for about $400.00. I went to another Auto Care company in another city and they ran a balance test and inspected the rim. I was advised that the rim was not bent and was in good condition. HAS ANYONE HAD THE SAME OR SIMILAR PROBLEMS WITH DISCOUNT TIRES?