Number2name.com - No way to contact Number2name.com to remove personal information

Posted on Thursday, August 29th, 2013 at 3:57pm CDT by Shark L.

Product: Number2name.com

Company: Number2name.com

Location: P.O. Box 0823-03411
PA

URL: www.number2name.com

Category: Internet Services

These jokers brag that they want to "collect as much accurate data as they can," but the information they are posting is over five years old! I have tried every which way to contact them, asking them to remove the erroneous and old personal information, but there is absolutely no way to contact them. They are hiding behind a service called WhoIsGuard so you are supposed to send them an email through the service ([email protected]) but the emails just bounce back Delivery Status Notification (Failure). Also note that this website has no privacy policy, and no contact us feature. This is all very shady.

79fdaab9, 2013-10-19, 07:41PM CDT

The creators of this Number2name.com site are watching the net and whoever is behind the site, if they have any ounce of common sense should take heed to the warnings that are following on forums, such as this.

Provide your contact information and provide a privacy notice and FOLLOW the law. I promise I'm going to make a hobby out of finding who this is. You can consider google ads or whatever your heart desires but as long as I have breathe in my lungs, that site will be a ghost.

a92e8a7b, 2014-03-02, 03:36PM CST

I was quite concerned to find my personal information on their website with no way to contact them and have it removed. Any luck finding / contacting them?

1cd39571, 2014-04-30, 11:39PM CDT

I have trailed a way and contacted all the emails that I have found regarding this website and have even contacted the BBB. I am tired of people trying to get away with stuff like this.That isn't right and they need the website taken down! They have no right to use info that isn't theirs and a person should be able to opt out of them displaying it!

0c419223, 2014-05-21, 01:11PM CDT

Does anyone know how to contact this site? There is no way to contact them to take my information off of their site! If anyone has any contact information, please let me know. This site has no right to put everyone's private information on their site without allowing us to opt out!!

dbbc4511, 2014-06-12, 10:22PM CDT

I was about to file a complaint with the BBB, but I found PA stands for Panama, not Pennsylvania. They're in another country, which explains why their records are outdated. Why don't they deal with their own country? I wouldn't call them since it's expensive to call Panama.

RetroZone Commodore 64 Forum

P.O. Box 0823-03411

City Panama

03411

+507.8365503

Debra J., 2014-10-11, 07:41PM CDT

I filed a complaint with FTC.GOV due to not being able to contact this company for removal of my personal information. Maybe if enough people complain something will be done to shut them down. I have been able to remove my info from several sites except Number2Name.

b85128d7, 2014-11-20, 07:47AM CST

their hosting company linode.com is located in the New Jersey. you can file a complaint with them at [email protected] You can also file complaints against the hosting company (linode.com) with the NJ State Dept of Consumer Affairs: http://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/comp.htm

783c63d5, 2014-11-24, 07:02PM CST

I tried emailing to [email protected] and this was what they replied back: "We require a United States court order to remove content from a website that is being hosted with our service"

84cc5958, 2015-01-28, 02:24PM CST

They have my phone number as assigned to someone else and I keep getting calls for this person. I can't find any way to change it.

Kellie, 2015-02-21, 10:50PM CST

So apparently no one has been successful in getting the site to remove their information or to make them show contact information. My information is on there under my name as well as under someone else's name. Something has got to be done. I do not feel safe having my contact information as well as my physical address on their site.

fdb303ba, 2015-02-22, 02:47PM CST

I wish hankers would take down this site. Anonymous, we are legion, where are you?

b85128d7, 2015-02-22, 03:13PM CST

A colleague of mine **WAS** successful having my information removed by filing a strongly worded (with legal threats) complaint with the US-based webhost at [email protected] If that doesn't work, file a complaint with the NJ State Dept of Consumer Affairs: http://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/comp.htm. Don't give up, be aggressive with this. This is YOUR information. Make this problem LINODE.COMs problem by filing numerous complaints until it is no longer worth their while to defend these bad actors who are their customers. Don't give up so easily folks. I'd also file a privacy complaint with the FTC.

Chris S Aker,

Founder and Chief Executive Officer

Twitter: https://twitter.com/caker

google+ https://plus.google.com/111075718686225823978/posts

COO Tom Asaro (@tomasaro).

Linode

329 East Jimmie Leeds Road

Galloway, New Jersey 08205

Phone: 609-593-7103

Fax: 615-250-4945

Please direct compliance inquiries to [email protected] Third parties which may be contacted with compliance inquiries included the following:

Council of Better Business Bureaus, Inc.

BBB EU Safe Harbor Dispute Resolution Program

Online Contact Form: http://www.bbb.org/us/european-dispute-resolution/consumer/

U.S. Department of Commerce

U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework

1401 Constitution Avenue, N.W.

Room 2003

Washington, DC 20230

Federal Trade Commission

Consumer Response Center

600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW

Washington, DC 20580

b85128d7, 2015-02-22, 03:19PM CST

Also

Casey Smith (Director of Marketing)

email likely:

[email protected]

COMPLAIN LOUDLY TO THESE HOSTS UNTIL THEY SIMPLY GIVE UP....MAKE IT THEIR PROBLEM NOT YOURS

b85128d7, 2015-02-22, 03:21PM CST

Steve Clemens is vice president of

professional services.

Apu P., 2015-03-08, 10:07AM CDT

My phone number which is not public records has been published by this company. They appear to have got it from my kid's school district. Other than my close friends, I have only given this number to the school district to call in case of emergencies.

Be careful when you give out information to the school district. Third parties can get directory information from the school district. In my case the school warns me that if I don't allow this my child's name cannot be announced at graduation etc.

Kellie, 2015-03-09, 03:57AM CDT

@Apu P

Your school district is not going to give out your personal information. You have probably entered it somewhere online.