las Colinas Medical center - Harassment By Male Nurse and Hospital Indifference

Product: Surgery in Hospital

Company: las Colinas Medical center

Location: 6800 N Macarthur Blvd, Irving, TX
IRVING, TX, 75039, US

I went back to my room and sat there for another half hour. My doctor had informed me that my pre-surgical procedure must be done before my surgery time and it was close. I again went looking for male nurse and informed him about what my Doctor told me.

The male nurse told me this VERBATIM " SHUT YOUR HOLE UP AND GO BACK TO YOUR ROOM".

I was taken aback, shocked and didn't know what to do.

I tried to forget it and thought about making a complaint after the surgery.

Which I did by calling the hospital and they said "the male nurse is not like this" and hung up the phone on me.

It was clearly a case of blatant racism by the white male nurse. I believe he would have treated me differently - professionaly if I was white.

023a0991, 2013-08-28, 08:15PM CDT

The male Nurse also told me - if you want to leave, leave Besides telling me "shut your hole up and go back to your room"

023a0991, 2013-08-28, 08:18PM CDT

This part is missing from post. This is the first part of the entire post.

"My doctor had a surgery scheduled here and told me to be punctual and be there at this hospital because a certain Pre-surgical procedure had to be done just before my surgery. I was and a male nurse came to my room and told me he will begin my pre-surgical procedure in 2 minutes and left the room.

I waited for about half an hour and went outside my room and found the male nurse chatting with a co-worker. I politely asked the male nurse when can I expect him to begin my pre-surgical procedure. he waived me off."