Avondale Dodge - Warranty Scam

Posted on Wednesday, August 14th, 2013 at 1:09pm CDT by Heyward H.

Company: Avondale Dodge

Location: 10101 W. Papago Freeway
AVONDALE, AZ, 85323, US

URL: avondaledodge.com

Category: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Vehicles

7/6/13 Purchased 2000 Mercedes ML 55 and warranty for three years or up to 100,000 miles. The car had between 64,000 and 65,000 miles when purchased. 7/10/13 Brought car to Larry Miller Dodge (LM). A/C was not working and there was a star in the windshield (small crack) LM kept car overnight. I had to rent a car for two days ($85.00). 7/11/13 LM replaced ?O? rings in A/C. I was told where to take to the car for the windshield repair. Asked for paperwork and told by service advisor that there was none. When I asked if he was sure he again said no. I took car to SafeAuto to fix the star in windshield and it cost $55 to repair. Later in July, received refund check for warranty indicating that you were not able to secure the warranty. I would not have bought the car if I had known that the warranty would not be able to be obtained. Used Mercedes have high repair costs. 8/5/13 Due to what appeared to be shady dealings with LM when I brought my car in for the service indicated above, and A/C problems again with not cooling, I took the car to a Mercedes (MB) dealership to have A/C looked at. MB indicated that the person who looked at the A/C before had to know that the compressor was bad, due to the dye marks that were visible. MB provided me with a loaner car free of charge. 8/7/13 Car was repaired and after paying $1,721.80, I was given the car back and the A/C has worked with no problems since. 8/8/13 Spoke with Rocky and explained the information listed above. I told him that I did not want an answer right away, I wanted them to have a chance to make it right and that I hope they choose wisely. 8/12/13 Spoke to A.J (used car manager). He kept referring to the Arizona implied warranty that was for 3 days or 500 miles covering only operational problems like the engine transmission and etc. He indicated that he would not have fixed it without a cost to me even if they did fix it theirself. He indicated that they checked for leaks three times and after the second check he told the service department that he was not going to pay for another check (whatever that means).