Online Store, Inc. - Rude, Pushy, Deceiving

Posted on Monday, August 12th, 2013 at 4:34pm CDT by Silvia W.

Product: Pulaski Furniture

Company: Online Store, Inc.

Location: 8385 Canoga Ave, Canoga Park 91304, California
CANOGA PARK, CA, 91304, US

URL: www.onlinestoreinc.com

Category: Delivery, Moving Services, Storage

I purchased a Curio Cabinet on 07/22/13 from what I thought was Pulaski Furniture. The order was placed by "Online Store Inc" They claim to be part of Pulaski Furniture, but they are not. They debited my account on the day of order. Typically it is done on the day product ships. I called week later to get a tracking number and they stated that there was not one for 3 to 5 days. I contacted a 2nd time, still no tracking number because they it come "White Glove." Today I contact the actual shipper and they said the next time a truck is in my area it will be Labor day week Sunday or Monday. I said that is not acceptable I have family and a party. They said then delivery will be pushed out 2 to 3 more weeks. Upset, I contacted On Line Store again and they said they could not do anything about it. I said this is unacceptable and they you have had my $1,000 dollars since 07/22/13. I said I want to cancel my order and get a refund and they said I would have to pay a restocking the delivery charge. I said I will cancel with credit card company and they said they will fight it. What can I do? can I fight this and get my money back? Really Pissed Off.

Business Reply  Garrett M., 2013-08-16, 03:13PM CDT

Shipping times on white glove shipments are typically 2-3 weeks and is clearly printed on their receipt as well as our company name. Pulaski is a manufacturer/wholesaler that does not sell directly to the public. The customer may cancel but as she aggreed at the time she placed the order as well as on the receipt if an item ships and a customer decides to cancel while in transit they are responsible to pay for any fees that occur, if the order was canceled before it shipped a full refund would be available. A company can not pay for customer's wanting to change their minds once an item ships as real costs have occured. If contested with the credit card company polices that have been agreed upon and printed on a reciept almost always hold up.

Silvia W., 2013-08-16, 03:57PM CDT

As mentioned above, no apologies for my horrible experience. No comment that I am forced to receive this cabinet on Labor Day or risk waiting another 2 to 3 weeks. Obviously "On Line" does not care and only reinforces my opinion that Amazon, Hayneedle, One Kings Lane, My Habit, is the way to go. I could have purchased this same unit from Amazon and Hayneedle. I have purchased almost $10,000 worth of items from these companies. Always amazing experience. Even when something came in broken. So, people, if you see "Sold By OnlineStore" do not purchase. I can assure you can find the same piece on Amazon. I have learned from my mistake. DO NOT USE RANDOM COMPANIES YOU HAVE NOT HEARD OF!" I know I will never use them again. I just want my piece and be done with these people