- Poor Customer Service

Posted on Friday, August 9th, 2013 at 12:17pm CDT by Lawrence H.

Product: Cal Waterfall Pump

Location: 4000 McMann Rd

Category: Home, Garden

The Cal Pump CAP PW5500 on my pond stopped working after 4 years. I purchased the same exact pump from BestNest. After one month the pump stopped working. I called them and they said to send in the label from the pump and they would replace it which they did. After 1 month the replacement pump stopped working. I called them with the same result, returned the pump and received a replacement. One month later the 3rd pump stopped working. Thinking that the problem may be my electrical setup on the pond I hired a electrician who verified that the electric was in good working order and it was the pumps that failed. I called Best Nest and requested a refund. They responded they could not give me a refund. I asked to speak to a Supervisor. The Supervisor called me back and asked me a million questions about the pond. When I gave him all the answers he said it had to be my pond. I told him that I contacted a local pond dealer and they told me Cal pumps have a record of failing and because of that they don't carry these pumps anymore. The Supervior agreed to present other options to me which would cost me additonal monies. I already paid twice for sending the pumps back and he wanted me to spend more money on another pump. I told him this was unacceptable and I wanted a refund...he refused to give me a refund. I told him that I would not do business with BestNest in the future unless I got a refund. He again refused and acted like he didn't care about future business. Based on my experience with Best Nest I will not purchase anything from them in the future.

58681fde, 2015-03-26, 07:44PM CDT

I ordered a pricey birdfeeder from When it arrived I could not have been more disappointed. I ordered the feeder in white. It came in a light, unpleasant green color. Two bolts and two nuts were needed to assemble the structure, but six screws were sent, not even close to being the correct size. The birdfeeder is solid wood. The wood came with several splits and the four feet were chipped and splintered at the ends. It looked like it had been sitting out in an open area for a length of time. When I called Bestnest to inform them, they said I could send it back to them, at my expense, and they would also charge me for the original shipping cost to them, which had been advertised as free shipping. In other words, I paid $200 for the birdfeeder, but I would have to pay to send it back to them and they would take out their shipping cost to me. I would probably be out around $75, and I would have no feeder. So I now have a birdfeeder which cost me $200, is not only not white (they think light green is white, according to customer service), but looks extremely weather damaged. I finally got my bolts, washers, and nuts, literally 5 weeks after the feeder arrived.