Prudential Commercial Real Estate FL - Prudential Commercial Real Estate Property Management Services are a SCAM

Posted on Monday, July 29th, 2013 at 3:07pm CDT by Sean G.

Product: Property Management

Company: Prudential Commercial Real Estate FL

Location: 120 Palmetto Ave Daytona Beach, FL 32114
DAYTONA BEACH, FL, 32114, US

URL: http://www.prudentialcommercialfl.com

Category: Real Estate

Prudential Commercial Real Estate FL in Daytona Beach's property management services misinformed our tenant and us, the rightful owners, about a lease agreement prior to it being signed by the tenant. The property manager also lied to us about certain provisions that we specifically asked not be in the lease agreement yet, were still placed in the lease without our knowledge and against our approval. Not to mention that the property manager never presented a copy of the actual lease agreement to us prior to having it signed by the tenant, which put us in a very tight spot and was a breach of contract.

The property manager also misinformed our tenant about how we were in financial turmoil and that our lease property was in danger of going into foreclosure, which is 100% false. I have no idea why the property manager would do such a thing and when confronted with written documentation of the misinformation from our tenant, the property manager denied all of it. Our tenant was totally freaked out and we have since corrected the issue with our tenant, now that we manage the property ourselves. We were doing it from day one anyway and now realize that we were being scammed out of money.

We contacted the broker to see if we could come to some sort of resolve and he blew us off, siding with his employee. Shortly after our complaints, we received a certified letter in the mail from Prudential Commercial Real Estate FL stating that they no longer wanted to manage our property. I was actually planning on firing them but they beat us to the punch, still taking their ridiculous property management fee for the entire year, even though they were only employed by us for just over a month and quit. They gave us no reason for quitting and on the way out, the property manager lied to our tenant again about our financial status in an attempt to sabotage our business relationship and any income generated to keep the property up and maintained.

We attempted to get a portion of the leasing fee returned by certified letter, and via email, and have received zero response from the broker. Whenever I contacted the office, even before all of this, I was treated very unprofessionally by the office staff and was even hung up on by the receptionist! I couldn't believe it.

If you own a rental property and are looking for a property manager, stay away from Prudential Real Estate FL in Daytona Beach. They have the absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced. I was completely baffled that such a prestigious and well known company like Prudential Real Estate would condone such unprofessional and illegal business practices.