Gift Card Rescue LLC - Wrong GIft Cards -- Still Waiting for Refund!

Posted on Saturday, July 20th, 2013 at 10:59am CDT by Harold H B.

Product: Gift cards

Company: Gift Card Rescue LLC

Location: ELLICOTT CITY, MD, US

URL: www.GiftCardRecsue.com

Category: Online Shopping

On June 28, 2013, I ordered two Bonefish Grill-branded gift cards from this enterprise and received two Fleming's-branded cards instead that were redeemable only at that restaurant. I had never even heard of Fleming's, probably because it is principally a "steak house" and I stay away from red meat like I would avoid the plague. Thus, I obviously had no intention of ever visiting that restaurant chain.

I immediately returned the cards on the day of receipt (July 5 2013) using the return label provided by GiftCardRescue.com and asked for a full refund. To do so, I had to fill out, sign and mail in (!!!) two separate forms, one to describe the circumstances/reasons for the return, and another to apply for a refund of the purchase price. All that after I had already communicated with this merchant, who obviously does his business entirely online, via e-mail and received an acknowledgment of the error. But what is really upsetting me is the manner in which this merchant responds to such requests. Today, 15 days after I returned these wrong gift cards that I had not ordered, the refund has still not been issued. My repeated e-mail requests for status updates remained unanswered, except for boilerplate, pro forma, message acknowledgments. After I threatened to go online with an unfavorable review, the merchant did confirm that the returned cards had been received but indicated that the refund was still "under review." I ask, under "review" for what when the merchant had already admitted the error two weeks ago? These types of canned responses are nothing more than stalling/delaying tactics to wear down disgruntled customers. Finally, on July 18, the merchant claimed that the refund had been issued. However, as of today, it has not appeared as a credit in my account. Accordingly, I have now disputed the charge with my credit card company, which will take additional time to resolve.

Meanwhile I'm out $88.00! Never again!!! I advise all readers to stay away from this seller.

Business Reply  31b7b3e1, 2013-07-29, 06:08PM CDT

Dear Customer,

I would like to start by apologizing about your poor experience with our company. At GiftCardRescue.com, we pride ourselves on providing the best customer support service in the industry; however, it seems as though your experience did not reflect such action. For this I am deeply sorry.

We do require a Refund Request Form to be completed when submitting a refund with our company. This is standard practice and outlined in our Terms and Conditions. Our Processing Manager, Natalyn Obey, has informed me that she has been in contact with you and that your refund has been received. I'm glad that this has been resolved for you; however, I apologize about the delay in the time it took for you to receive this refund.

Again, I apologize about any inconvenience that this has caused you. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Kind Regards,