Hotwire - Misrepresentation of product

Posted on Wednesday, July 17th, 2013 at 1:39pm CDT by Homa P.

Product: Hotel

Company: Hotwire

Location: 655 Montgomery St Ste 600,
SAN FRANCISCO, CA, 94111-2627, US

URL: Hotwire.com

Category: Hotels

I have encountered a problem that seems to have happened to a lot of other people and I believe needs to be addressed in a larger forum. The problem is misrepresentation of products by Hotwire.com travel websites.

In looking to find a hotel in Brooklyn, NY. and on a tight budget, I checked the Hotwire site and found an advertisement under Hot Rate Hotel for a three star hotel with an average nightly rate of $207 for $108 per night saving me $99 per night.The name of the hotel is revealed after the booking is complete and paid in full. Once I did that,the hotel was revealed as Brooklyn Motor Inn, a two star MOTEL according to 5 other prominent travel websites with one even rating it as one star. The average nightly rate for this property is $115. The average customer rating is 2.6 out of 5. When I called the customer service I was met with indifference and was told that I should be happy with $7 per night savings. I doing research on the internet I find lots of people with the same or similar complaints who were treated with the same carelessness and humiliation. I believe that Hotwire.com is making people make decisions based on misleading information and need to be exposed.