Sky Broadband - Sky Broadband Poor Internet Service

Posted on Sunday, July 14th, 2013 at 11:27pm CDT by Jp M.

Product: Sky Broadband Internet Service

Company: Sky Broadband

Location: PASIG CITY, MANILA, PH

URL: skybroadband.com.ph

Category: Internet Services

Sky Broadband provides the poorest broadband connection and their customer service is even worse! We had our broadband connected last February and now we want it disconnected because it is a waste of money. You can hardly use it. Since Tuesday (July 9, 2013) until now (July 15, 2013) we have not been able to use the internet because Sky Broadband is down.

Our Sky Broadband connection was installed on February under the impression that the internet service is good and we will have wi-fi connection since they provide a wifi modem/router. We were made to believe that Sky Broadband connection is consistent and fast. I even subscribed to the 5mbps plan because I needed fast internet connection. However, only a week into the service we started having problems already, we could not connect wirelessly.

Thinking that it is just a small problem that will soon fade off, we continued the service without complaining. But it got worse and we had to buy a 5-foot long LAN cable just to be able to use the internet. We use the internet one at a time because the other computers cannot connect wirelessly and we only have one LAN cable. A huge inconvenience and disappointment because we are paying for a full service and we are getting close to none.

On March 25, 2013 we sent our first complaint to Sky Broadband customer service through email. You can't call their customer service hotline because nobody will answer you. I waited 30 minutes for somebody to answer but you'll get stuck with the hold music so the only option is through email.

As expected, we never received an email back so I had to resend my complaint on March 27, 2013

We got a reply on March 29, 2013 and they said a Sky Broadband technician will come by on April 1, 2013 to fix the problem. Guess what? Nobody came on that day so, again, we had to follow up on the complaint. Sky Broadband is really something.

On April 1, 2013, the day when a technician was supposed to fix our problem, we had to follow up again and sent an email at 9:37pm. We waited the whole day for their technician.

We got a reply on April 2, 2013 and they asked if we were still having problems with our connection! How can we not have? Nobody came to fix our problem!

Finally, a Sky Broadband technician came on April 5, 2013 and checked the connection. He said our modem is good and he'll be fixing the signal in my area. We said OK and waited a few hours after he left but still, we were unable to use wi-fi.

On April 8, 2013 we sent another email to Sky Broadband and complained about the wi-fi service again. We got a reply on April 9, 2013 and said a technician will be checking the internet connection again on April 11, 2013.

A technician came, and again, all he did was check the connection. I told him we are not having a problem with the connection because there is internet connection. Our problem is with the wifi connection. I even showed him the long LAN cable that we use just to be able to connect to the internet. And again they left without doing nothing new. We were able to connect to the wifi briefly but it always goes down so there really is no option but to use the LAN cable.

On April 25, 2013 we again sent a complaint to Sky Broadband and said that 2 technicians have checked the connection already but we are still having a problem with the wifi. We said that it must be a problem with the router since we are able to connect using a cable.

To my surprise, we got a canned response on April 29, 2013 from customer service asking us to check the connection on speedtest.net. A big disappointment because now I know that Sky Broadband customer service is not reading email complaints, instead, they send you canned responses that does nothing. If the customer service rep even bothered to check the email thread and found out about the problem, a stupid "check your connection through speedtest.net" will not have been sent.

I sent an email back stating that 2 technicians have checked the connection already and I'm sure what he is asking has already been done.

On May 3, 2013 we got a response from Sky Broadband and said a technician will be sent for, guess what? signal checking. At this point we were getting so frustrated already.

Guess what? NOBODY CAME!

We were getting nowhere with Sky Broadband so I started using a Sun Dongle. Not very reliable but I had no choice since my Sky Broadband service was so poor.

We sent another email on May 23, 2013 for the same problem and suggested they replace our modem/router since it may be the one causing the problem.

We got a reply back on May 31, 2013 and said they will be sending a technician on June 3, 2013. They did and guess what? He did not have the modem/router that we requested. He said he will have to request for a replacement since he cannot give us any of the routers he had with him. He said it will take 3 days before the change can be made. We had no choice so we said OK. Guess what? Nobody came to replace the router.

We waited, and waited, and waited but nobody seems to care. Sky Broadband does not care about their customers. They are quick on installing because you will pay for it but when it comes to satisfying you as a paying customer and providing good service, they don't care. Sky Broadband provides the poorest internet connection and the poorest customer service.

Now come the worst part, starting July 9, 2013 we were not able to use the internet at all! Either wired or wirelessly, no internet connection. I sent a disconnection request on July 14, 2013 because;

one, our problem since March 25, 2013 was never resolved. We sent numerous emails but to no avail. You can just imagine the frustration that we are paying Sky Broadband P999 monthly for 5mbps internet service that we can't even use.

two, they don't seem to care if you have internet or not as long as you pay them your monthly bill. 3 technicians were sent but none of them ever resolved the problem. The last one promised us a modem/router replacement but he never came back.

three, we are unable to use the internet at all since July 9, 2013 to July 14, 2013.

To my surprise, we got an email back from Sky Broadband acknowledging the disconnection and they are trying to get even more money from us because our subscription is locked for 2 years! You expect your customer to stay with you and pay you every month for 2 years even if they can't use your service as you promised?

Sky Broadband is clearly a pain in the ass and they have the nerve to ask for a pre-termination fee when they are one the one who misrepresented their service. We gave them so many chances to fix the connection but they do not seem to care.

2e54db77, 2014-04-04, 04:54PM CDT

If you're still having problems by now with SKY then give them a ring! Sort it out! you will probably get a free NOWTV pass! - http://www.number-direct.co.uk/sky-phone-number/